What did you get delivered today

Glad
A) that it arrived and
B) that you like it!

So now you're on the hook for a bottle opener :p.

I am indeed, I have your address and need to make a good one this weekend.

Wish our Canadian Northern Brewer hadn’t shut down . . .

no pic, but got a huge box of malt, DME, hops and specialty grains from Beer Grains in Quebec. Shipping is a killer cost when crossing the entire country from East to West but Cest La Vie darlings!! Happy brewing to all
Tamzy where in Bc are you? BosaGrape and Centennial are both in Vancouver.

Ok now I have the “pressure” brewing bug! I bought 2 of these AllRounders to go with my new Fermzilla!!
4230AE3E-504A-42DE-A849-23472B25F6FB.jpeg

Tamzy where in Bc are you? BosaGrape and Centennial are both in Vancouver.
I’m the other side of BC. Tucked into the southeast corner of the province. Will have to check those places out, need to find cheaper shipping or literally stop brewing My last order cost me over 70 dollars for shipping!!

I’m the other side of BC. Tucked into the southeast corner of the province. Will have to check those places out, need to find cheaper shipping or literally stop brewing My last order cost me over 70 dollars for shipping!!
Have a look at brewhq.ca

Ouch, you able to get to Calgary? There are a couple shops there.

Gunna be brewing some saisons with some homegrown produce.
First up will be my Passionfruit Saison
https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/451183/passion-fruit-saison

And with my crop of ginger
https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/828285/ginger-ninger
Used kviek on this last time but gunna try this saison yeast. Also will be adding Tumeric and probably some lemon myrtle either with or in another sepperate batch.
It's what farmhouse brewing is All about right.

Thinking of actually doing a mixed yeast ferment with this too because of the stalling properties of this saison yeast Framgarden will finish it off I'm thinking and provide some fruity flavours.:)
20210428_075159.jpg

@Bubba Wade I know you like your Belgian beers any tips with this yeast I've read around and find it can stall out and restart weeks later.
I'm going to keep the OG around 1.040ish on the brews so light ABV and hope to prevent the stall. Also co pitch will help I'm thinking.
Oh I know it's Diastaticus yeast Variant as well I'm cool with this:).

:eek:

Well it freaked me out. I bought some iodophor to sterilize everything. Brew store was out of flame throwers and nuclear weapons.

Oh, and it's just barely out of date...
It'll probably come around to bite me in the Arse! Brewing doesn't often reward one when throwing caution to the wind I've found.:rolleyes:

I'm thinking of them two Saisons back to back then I'll give fermentor a really good clean down. Boil the silicon dip tube ect and just hope a good PBW and rince gets the diastaticus at bay as for my kegs yup they'll get the same treatment.

Fingers crossed aye:D.

Gunna be brewing some saisons with some homegrown produce.
First up will be my Passionfruit Saison
https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/451183/passion-fruit-saison

And with my crop of ginger
https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/828285/ginger-ninger
Used kviek on this last time but gunna try this saison yeast. Also will be adding Tumeric and probably some lemon myrtle either with or in another sepperate batch.
It's what farmhouse brewing is All about right.

Thinking of actually doing a mixed yeast ferment with this too because of the stalling properties of this saison yeast Framgarden will finish it off I'm thinking and provide some fruity flavours.:)
View attachment 15491
@Bubba Wade I know you like your Belgian beers any tips with this yeast I've read around and find it can stall out and restart weeks later.
I'm going to keep the OG around 1.040ish on the brews so light ABV and hope to prevent the stall. Also co pitch will help I'm thinking.
Oh I know it's Diastaticus yeast Variant as well I'm cool with this:).
The Saison strains ferment out fairly dry. I typically start fermentation around 20 C and when it starts to slow down, I bump it up a degree every day or two.

I've not used this specific strain, but the Saison yeasts I have used seem to power through the initial fermentation pretty quickly. However, a couple of extra weeks in the fermenter cleans up the beer and improves the flavor.

The Saison strains ferment out fairly dry. I typically start fermentation around 20 C and when it starts to slow down, I bump it up a degree every day or two.

I've not used this specific strain, but the Saison yeasts I have used seem to power through the initial fermentation pretty quickly. However, a couple of extra weeks in the fermenter cleans up the beer and improves the flavor.
Cool thankyou for your reply I did a quick look around online and read about its being prone to stalling.
I was thinking of doing a co pitch with Framgarden to ensure no teathing issues.
Will wait and see.

Don't fear the beer. With good sanitation you will have no probs. +1 on the temp rise. It will help avoid the stall. That passion fruit sounds delicious!

Ouch, you able to get to Calgary? There are a couple shops there.

well, yes, usually! It is a 4ish hour drive to Calgary but haven’t been going outside my town since COVID hit. With my job and being a primary caregiver, it’s still not wise for me to travel. Essential only and though I LOVE brewing, it still isn’t that lol
At least for 70 dollars shipping, I now have enough ingredients for a few more quick batches. Should hold me for a little while!

Ah you're further into BC than I thought. Yeah definitely don't want to go to plague central AB right now. $70 shipping is probably cheaper than the drive anyway though so have to factor that in too.

This got delivered:
IMG_20210430_155832__01.jpg

It was postmarked on February 5th and once contained 2oz of Northern Brewer hops from MoreBeer. Since then I contacted MoreBeer, waited for them to get the hops back in stock, got the replacement shipped Fedex, still waited a a few weeks, brewed, fermented, bottle conditioned and started drinking my California Common. This was the back of the bag:
IMG_20210430_155838.jpg

A rare occurrence made me laugh. This is like the 5th package I've had delayed, damaged or just completely vanished in the last couple years. And they wonder why the post office is the butt of jokes

This got delivered:View attachment 15524
It was postmarked on February 5th and once contained 2oz of Northern Brewer hops from MoreBeer. Since then I contacted MoreBeer, waited for them to get the hops back in stock, got the replacement shipped Fedex, still waited a a few weeks, brewed, fermented, bottle conditioned and started drinking my California Common. This was the back of the bag:
View attachment 15525
A rare occurrence made me laugh. This is like the 5th package I've had delayed, damaged or just completely vanished in the last couple years. And they wonder why the post office is the butt of jokes
That's just great. I have something coming USPS that was supposed to show up today but is currently tagged as "arriving late" when I track it. I'll be on the look out for it in July! :eek:

This got delivered:View attachment 15524
View attachment 15525
Try this one for a Post Office joke...
20210430_152223.jpg

How can a drop box be out of order?

Back