How are all your hops doing that you're growing?

Hops can take a frost but not without hardening off. You prob don't want to leave the garage door open over night to get them used to the chilly air

At last count I had 29 bines up and growing, six freshly planted rhizomes(19 more on order) and 2 feral hop crowns with marker stakes by them for transplant in a safe location(they are growing near a road don't want them to get sprayed).
Watch out for males they could mess up all the others if they cross pollinate and go to seed.

I have a few plants outside that are poping up through the ground but is going below freezing here. I am a bit worried to put my new ones in the ground yet. But I have to do something soon they are taking over my Model A.View attachment 15351
Is that still 1st bine growth? I recently read that the 1st bines can be trimmed back because they don't produce nearly as many cones/flowers as subsequent bines

Sorry to say that I dug my plant up on the weekend, and I felt terrible doing it. I just don't have the space, or a good place for it. Growing a different kind of plant instead :rolleyes:

Looks like I have some bug repellent in my hops. Keep in mind these plants have been in my garage since fall.
20210422_125211.jpg

Back