What did you get delivered today

For a fermonster? I just don't put them on tight. They never seemed to hold a seal anyway so I don't really care if CO2 escapes out the threads.

For a fermonster? I just don't put them on tight. They never seemed to hold a seal anyway so I don't really care if CO2 escapes out the threads.
Mine seal, atleast enough to show airlock activity and US-05 wasn't doing that with my buckets

I stopped paying attention to activity to any level cause I could see the krausen in the fermonsters. Was good enough for me.

Picked two more used kegs, and a bottle drying rack yesterday. I had four kegs, and 4 taps, but wanted another keg to use as a bottling bucket. He wanted $50 for one, but said he would give me two for $80, couldn't turn it down!

Bought some recipe kits on sale, now I'm set for my next 8 batches :D
20210321_125920.jpg

Bought some recipe kits on sale, now I'm set for my next 8 batches :D
View attachment 14794
Your next 8 batches? I don’t even know what I’m going to do when I wake up tomorrow morning in Eugene, OR. Maybe I’ll go out to find some beer to drink.

Your next 8 batches? I don’t even know what I’m going to do when I wake up tomorrow morning in Eugene, OR. Maybe I’ll go out to find some beer to drink.
Doesn't take long in that town :D you still planning on heading up to Corvallis?

Yes, Corvallis on Tuesday.
Any recommendations?
Definitely! Pretty much everything beer-wise is downtown on the riverfront. The whole downtown is 4 blocks by 8 blocks, so you can park anywhere and walk to most things.

Block 15 is probably the best brewery in town, and their website has food and beer for pickup or delivery. Known for IPAs and aged beers.

I'm also partial to Sky High Brewing for their venue, and it seems like they might be open for dine in (or togo). They have a wide variety of American and Continental beer styles, but the Linus Pauling Ale is a good choice (he's a local hero and definitely worth celebrating).

American Dream Pizza has great homemade food, and an awesome draft selection of local beers. Keep an eye out for Calapooia Brewing in bars/restaurants. Great brewery, but located over in Albany.

There are a couple tap rooms/growler rooms downtown as well, but I don't know what the current Covid regulations are for those businesses.

You can skip both Mcmenamin's, in my opinion. They're known for reusing old buildings and historical sites, and the venues are half the fun. The two in Corvallis are in pretty boring places.

And then of course, 2Towns Ciderhouse :) that's in South town, a few miles south on Hwy 99.

I'm excited to hear what y'all end up doing, have a great time!

Oh, there's also the Crow Bar, which is known for high end cocktails and infusions.

...And if you want a more scenic drive, you can take Hwy 99 from Eugene through Junction City to get to Corvallis :)

Last edited:
My plan was not to go north on I-5. My mom’s father was known for taking trips on the road less traveled, so I will follow suit. Thank you @Sunfire96 for your informed tips. Look for posts of our adventures.

Northern Brewer had one of their email pushes going on for a May brew day thing. One of their pushes was for "Janets Brown Ale" . Since I have seen it mentioned here a lot I ordered one.
Looks like a big batch of hops!
20210413_130910.jpg

Wish our Canadian Northern Brewer hadn’t shut down . . .

no pic, but got a huge box of malt, DME, hops and specialty grains from Beer Grains in Quebec. Shipping is a killer cost when crossing the entire country from East to West but Cest La Vie darlings!! Happy brewing to all

PXL_20210418_191325471~2.jpg

I picked this up last week. Just didn't have time to give it a good initial cleaning until now. This replaces a Concord kettle that had a defect in the steel that was too big to fix. Plus side of that problem is that I now have a high quality brew kettle. And it's manufactured in Milwaukee, just a few miles away from me.

Spike is not inexpensive but it is made well. I am tickled pink with my flex+ fermenter.

Back