What are you doing with homebrew today?

Moved some bottled lagers to the fridge after some successful carbonation testing :) they will lager for as long as I can keep my mitts off 'em :D one is the infamous Shady Boh, and the other an original recipe "golden lager." I brewed a golden ale with Northern Brewer and EKG, but then fermented with S23 lager yeast. Here's a pic of my sample:
20210413_134452.jpg

I really like your presentations! The framing of the beer with the fence, and the natural light just makes it pop.
Well done!

Last edited:
I really like your presentations! The framing of the beer with the fence, and the natural light just makes it pop.
Well done!
Thanks. I got a new phone at the end of last year and it seems to have a much better camera than what I had. The beautiful California sun is always helpful as well :)

Ooooooo that’s exciting!

I am going to start growing hops. I ordered 4 rhizomes: cascade, chinook, willamette and mt hood
I can’t wait! Hops is the most expensive component for me so far. I have a whole acre ready to grow lol
Well you'll have plenty in a year or two. Good luck

Moved some bottled lagers to the fridge after some successful carbonation testing :) they will lager for as long as I can keep my mitts off 'em :D one is the infamous Shady Boh, and the other an original recipe "golden lager." I brewed a golden ale with Northern Brewer and EKG, but then fermented with S23 lager yeast. Here's a pic of my sample:
View attachment 15253
Just another beauty looking brew, well done!
Mostly just spring showers this week in Southwestern Ontario:rolleyes:, which is okay, because they bring the May flowers:D

Just another beauty looking brew, well done!
Mostly just spring showers this week in Southwestern Ontario:rolleyes:, which is okay, because they bring the May flowers:D
Thanks, I'm excited to see how this turns out. The sample was surprisingly Pilsner-like. I'm hoping for an IPL type beer, but we'll see what happens

The beauty of A) working mostly from home, and B) have a machine with a pump, timers, etc.
Knocking out the Q2 Dubbel, just doing a mash out step right now, it has been mashing all morning, crystal clear wort!
View attachment 15261
I'm a big fan of Dubbels. What kind of grain bill did you have?

I just finished brewing a Belgian Pale Ale. Lighter beers as the weather gets warm.

I'm a big fan of Dubbels. What kind of grain bill did you have?

I just finished brewing a Belgian Pale Ale. Lighter beers as the weather gets warm.

I hope it works out...you can tell me where I went wrong.

Back