Will the iPhone App Be Updated Anytime Soon?

Cirkuit

Trial Member
Reaction score
I see that the app was last updated in October of 2013. Will the application be updated to use the iPhone 6 resolution and iOS 8 style?

Yes, might be this week or next.

I just followed up with Josh. I'm waiting to hear back now.

BF App version 1.9.3 has gotten very crashy in iOS8.3... Would be really nice if the crashy stopped.

I had to delete the app and reinstall. Seems if there's too many changes to your BrewersFriend.com recipes and BrewSessions, the app doesn't deal with out of sync conditions, gracefully. I noticed the crashy was much worse when trying to sync lots of recipes and brew sessions to the app. Deleting the app and reinstalling seems to get around the problem, but that seems like an extreme way to work around some crashy on a regular basis.

I think the sync button was meant to sync as you go along one at a time as you make the recipe up or brew it, if you do that, there is no reason to dump a large amount of data to the server through a cell Internet service. your just asking for trouble if you try, most of the time its the cell connection that times out, not the app :}

Ozarks Mountian Brew said:
I think the sync button was meant to sync as you go along one at a time as you make the recipe up or brew it, if you do that, there is no reason to dump a large amount of data to the server through a cell Internet service. your just asking for trouble if you try, most of the time its the cell connection that times out, not the app :}
Yeah, that's not the case here. It was the other way around. I modify/edit all recipes and create brew sessions on the website *then* sync to the app over wifi or LTE (50Gb connection.) It's not a network problem. It's a problem with the app not syncing data *from* the site to the app, not the app to the site.
Also, it's not a lot of data. Probably less than 10kb per recipe and brew session at most. You use 8-20X the bandwidth streaming music or using Netflix to your phone in one minute ;)

Thanks for the suggestion though!

There's not a lot of data transfer for recipes and brew sessions. There's just not much to the data. It's not like each recipe has embedded video. I have a silly little iPhone game that syncs it's data with every completed level. It takes next to no time at all.

Any word on those updates? I really like the BrewersFriend site, but the app on iPhone is buggy and really needs an update. At least get us a UI update so it doesn't look all expanded on iPhone 6. Was expecting more for a $7 app.

I'm discussing it with the guys. I know they are working on it, but I'm unsure of their status.

Not sure what, if anything has changed, but I haven't seen the app crash in a while. Last crash I had was the last week in July. Been behaving properly for about 2 weeks now... :?

Back