Sexual harrassment in the breweries

Status
Not open for further replies.
you just have to not get pulled in to the game

Not getting pulled into the game is an issue on many levels - especially in small brewing operations. So many small brewers are relying on tap room operations to stay viable. If servers in those tap rooms are hired and fired based on who or who isn't eye candy for the customers, the discrimination will catch up eventually. And it will be ugly.

With all due respect sir, this thread and article pertain to discrimination and sexual harassment in the workplace.

What someone wears, their gender, or their race should not allow anyone license to treat anyone with anything other than respect at work, or in any setting for that matter.

We white privileged males need to change the way we think and act. We should be taking steps to make things better, and not engage in victim blaming. Discrimination and harassment in the work place continues to be a problem. Employers are wholly responsible for providing a safe work environment for all workers, and have a responsibility to engage in fair hiring practices, in all industries.
We white ass privileged males need to practice tolerance, acceptance, and inclusion.

trust me I've seen it in the work place and with servers behind tap bars, as far as breweries here when not serving beer they dress pretty casual because its hard work but at the tap room there is a dress code and for good reason, this is a collage town

Don't know about anyone else, but I certainly have see no evidence of any privilege being bestowed on me because I'm white. Quite the contrary, as a matter of fact, I've been denied jobs because of my skin color. Is that privilege? And no, I don't drink Kool-Aid, thank you !

Back on topic and something positive to boot. A local morning news had a story about Milwaukee craft brewer Third Space Brewing. They brewed a special beer for International Women's Day that was brewed entirely by the female brewers that work there. Plus a portion of the proceeds will go to the local chapter of the Pink Boots Society.

https://www.fox6now.com/news/third-space-brewers-proud-to-be-doing-things-like-a-girl

upload_2021-3-10_12-12-34.png

That's one thing I like about brewing competitions. They are anonymous. No one knows anything about the person who brewed the beer, the beer is judge on it's own merit and awards are given based on the beer produced. I hope that never changes. I don't want to be put in a category because of my race, creed or whatever. I don't want to be judged by the person I used to be. I want to be judged on the kind of person I have become, flaws and all. Just like a beer in a competition, except I don't want to know my score. It's probably pretty low. Ouch.

Back on topic and something positive to boot. A local morning news had a story about Milwaukee craft brewer Third Space Brewing. They brewed a special beer for International Women's Day that was brewed entirely by the female brewers that work there. Plus a portion of the proceeds will go to the local chapter of the Pink Boots Society.

https://www.fox6now.com/news/third-space-brewers-proud-to-be-doing-things-like-a-girl

View attachment 14624
This is very cool!

I would love to get my hands on this recipe and "brew like a girl"!

Eish guys (m/f)
It all boils down to respect!
Give people a chance before you judge them. That's all.
Can't remember who said it, but it was something like: there is no 2nd chance on a first impression ;)

I agree. I know for a fact I've benefited from being white more than once in my life, if I was Native I'd be in prison right now for the stupid things I did when I was 19. I grew up a poor ass farmer who was the second person in my family to finish high school, let alone go to college. I've worked hard, but I also have benefited hugely from being "Bog standard".

Regarding women in breweries specifically, it's the same idea as saying women shouldn't have dressed like X if they didn't want to be assaulted, that's absolutely not ok regardless.

All good points, but let's say we just drop this thread now, and get back to beer

I don't disagree Craig. I did not post this to have a debate ad nauseam nor to spark a political back and forth. Let's get back to beer, but let's also make sure that our beer decisions support fairness and honesty. Brew on.

Just noticed this thread. This was a reasonable home brew forum at one time. Now, all too often, it’s overcome with wokeness, cancel culture and virtue signaling.

Just noticed this thread. This was a reasonable home brew forum at one time. Now, all too often, it’s overcome with wokeness, cancel culture and virtue signaling.

Amen Brother! This was a great alternative to HBT, but is quickly becoming just as bad. It's one thing to be against any type of bias, which I am, but another entirely, for the woke crowd to not recognize how biased they are. If they want to kiss every ass that they are presented with, so be it. A great way to show their true character. Wake up people, your days of being a spoiled only child ended when you left home. Now you're in the real world where real people will fight back.

If this ends my time here, so be it.

I'm continually frustrated that people pull this thread away from the topic "Sexual Harrassment in Breweries." There have been several times that the conversation has turned to racism, which then derails everything when people want to address "privileges" and "powers."

No one forced you to click a thread about sexual harassment. No one forced you to join a respectful dialogue amongst people from many, many backgrounds.

If you don't want to comment about sexual harassment in America's craft breweries, then start another damn thread

I'm not entirely sure what point both of you are attempting to make, but if the idea of treating women decently and not harassing them is "woke" then I'm pretty damned unimpressed.

Edit: Woop, not Sunfire I didn't see you post before I did.

Well, it was fun for awhile till some couldn't handle the differences of opinions. Happens all to often now.
See ya.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back