Q1 2021 Community Recipe by HighVoltageMan!

My Wayner's at noon today. Still clearing and carbing, but so tasty. I used Simcoe, Centennial and Amarillo. I think you could use a number of different hop combos. It is actually more bitter than I anticipated, which I think I will attribute to 2 doses of Simcoe - one @ whirlpool and one @ dry hop. This is a winner!
View attachment 14321
How do you like the Simcoe in the beer? That’s one hop I would like to try it, but I was worried it would be too dank.

@HighVoltageMan! the only way I can describe the Simcoe effect at this point is to say that it makes the beer seem more like an IPA than a PA. At first taste anyway. That's not to say that the tropical nature of the Amarillo doesn't come through, but more in aroma than taste. The taste is more Simcoe and yes, a bit dank.

@HighVoltageMan! the only way I can describe the Simcoe effect at this point is to say that it makes the beer seem more like an IPA than a PA. At first taste anyway. That's not to say that the tropical nature of the Amarillo doesn't come through, but more in aroma than taste. The taste is more Simcoe and yes, a bit dank.
I like dank, just bought some Simcoe to try when I get around to an IPA...

For fermentation temps just stick to the 15-20 C per the Fermentis instructions?

I don't find Simcoe all that Dank.
Chinook on the other hand that's Danky Dank.
Sometimes there’re dank other times not so bad. Sometimes Mosaic can get funky dank. I think it changes year to year and farm to farm. It’s an organic product, just like grapes, apples, etc. it’s a moving target, never exactly the same. Thankfully yeast and grain are consistent.

Brewing now, coming together great smells awesome.

Just to quadruple check on the dry hop additions, is it?
-3 days after it hits the fermentor
-3 days prior to bottling (assuming week and a half or so after pitch)

Brewing now, coming together great smells awesome.

Just to quadruple check on the dry hop additions, is it?
-3 days after it hits the fermentor
-3 days prior to bottling (assuming week and a half or so after pitch)
I don’t dry hop until fermentation is done or nearly done. If too much yeast are in suspension, they have seem to take away from the aroma compared to when the yeast is finished and are dropping out or have already dropped.

I made a Chimcoe IPA once. It was good. Put hair on your chest.
I bet I don't mind dank to be sure just not punch in the mouth Dank lol
I've not used Chinook in quite awhile so memory might have faded a bit but if in conjunction with a more fruity hop id go half Chinook/fruity hop or even less so there is that frankness in the background enough to know it's there but not to intrude on the mango citrus flavours

Looks and smells great going into the BK

2021-02-22 09.02.06.jpg

Back