Any Wine Makers Here?

Well, that’s a very nice kit! I know morebeer.com has free shipping, but I haven’t ordered any kits from then lately. Shipping has been the killer for me, so I try to pick them up when I’m out in the world and not in my little no-highway area.
Have you done that one by chance? I'm also open to similar suggestions.

You guys (m/f) are making me want to try one of those.
I used to make wine from all kinds of fruit. Not too keen to go back as almost all fruit is expensive here.
But so is wine! A decent bottle (still more or less plonk) is easily costing 15 U$
So when covid allows travel again, maybe I should get my visitors to bring a pack like that (and have 25 to 30 bottles) ;) :)

Have you done that one by chance? I'm also open to similar suggestions.

Not that particular one, I did the same brand a couple of times, and I believe the last one was similar priced and an old-vine zinfandel. Those kits are well-regarded and good quality.

I've done Yooper's Welches Grape Juice wine a couple of times and thought it was great as a simple table wine. I've done an all concord that was just a taddy less sweet than Manischewitz and a Rose by mixing the Welches Concord with whatever is in their white juice mix which I really liked over some ice...I know...how gauche....but I kept a pinky raised when I drank it!

Not that particular one, I did the same brand a couple of times, and I believe the last one was similar priced and an old-vine zinfandel. Those kits are well-regarded and good quality.
I did look at that one and the cab
Check out Label Peelers, you have to put it in the cart to see the price....
Hey thanks for that tip! Even with having to pay for shipping, it's still at least $40 cheaper.

That will work for a easy drinking white! And the kit makes 6 gallons so I bottle 5 or 6, and keg the rest in my 5 gallon keg. Well, not always- right now I have a cheap-ish red kit in two 3 gallon kegs but you get the idea!

So far I've done 5 kits. 2 Sauvignon Blanc, 2 Pinot Grigio and 1 Pinot Noir. I bought the low level first then the expensive level for the SB and the PG. All were/(are) good to me. Only issue is 6 gallons of wine, without sharing, is a lot of wine for me and the wife. It is easier than beer but......come on!

My 1st two kits are on the way! I have a question about water. We have really good tap water here in CO but in my beer brewing I always use part of a Campden tablet to get rid of the chlorine. I'm guessing with wine this is a no no? Is it better to just pull my water a day or two before and just let the chlorine off gas on it's own?

My 1st two kits are on the way! I have a question about water. We have really good tap water here in CO but in my beer brewing I always use part of a Campden tablet to get rid of the chlorine. I'm guessing with wine this is a no no? Is it better to just pull my water a day or two before and just let the chlorine off gas on it's own?

Yes, that will work. But the sulfites work as well. Either way.
The reaction with campden and chlorinated water is instantaneous, and it won’t add extra sulfites to the water if you use the right dose.

Yes, that will work. But the sulfites work as well. Either way.
The reaction with campden and chlorinated water is instantaneous, and it won’t add extra sulfites to the water if you use the right dose.
Excellent! Thanks! I'm actually getting pretty excited to do something new and looking forward to the process.

Excellent! Thanks! I'm actually getting pretty excited to do something new and looking forward to the process.
It will be fun. I accidently bought the Ferrari corker on sale and with a coupon. It makes bottling a blast.
ferrari corker 1.jpg

Huh I did not know that, guess the same way I can go swing by Yamaha and pick up a Dirtbike Piano combo.

Haha, I'll start with a cheaper hand held to start.
Any experiences with screw top wine bottles and caps?

Back