Protein in beer

Ugh. Waaay beyond my expertise.

Instruments I don't have...

I have no idea, but I am curious to know why you are interested in determining this

I have no idea, but I am curious to know why you are interested in determining this

I have a friend that has a micro brew, he's making a lite beer and sent his label design into the Gov and they asked how much protein was in it to be printed on the label. I had never even known protein was in beer but there is no info online I could find in the couple of minutes that I had to study it. Arrrrrrgh, just when life was getting easy!

I have a friend that has a micro brew, he's making a lite beer and sent his label design into the Gov and they asked how much protein was in it to be printed on the label. I had never even known protein was in beer but there is no info online I could find in the couple of minutes that I had to study it. Arrrrrrgh, just when life was getting easy!
First I've heard of that.... Short of having it analyzed by a lab, I have no idea. A quick Google search comes up with 1.6g/355 ml, I'd likely go with that figure. The source of the figure is the US Department of Agriculture so it's hard to argue with. I got another figure of 0.9g/bottle and yet another at 1.6, I'd go with the 1.6.

First I've heard of that.... Short of having it analyzed by a lab, I have no idea. A quick Google search comes up with 1.6g/355 ml, I'd likely go with that figure. The source of the figure is the US Department of Agriculture so it's hard to argue with. I got another figure of 0.9g/bottle and yet another at 1.6, I'd go with the 1.6.
Thanks, will pass that on!

A quick Google search comes up with 1.6g/355 m...
A mouse has got to be more than 1.6g protein!
62f677e2-2226-4d1b-b304-91f0047774ee_thumb.jpg

Hazier beers will tend to be higher (more chances for protein not to drop out). Maybe the lower of Nosy's two numbers would be for simpler, clearer beers, like macro lagers (complete guess of course)?

Back