What are you drinking right now?

If you're feeling too warm let me know and I can post some pictures

Oh I don't need pictures of cold and snow. I'll just step outside! Although we have had a mild winter so far, I expect the polar vortex is massing for a blast in the next few weeks.
20.png
Shivering

Just finished a rough transfer of Janet’s Brown. Hop trub was clogging the ball lock on the pressure transfer. But it’s done. :confused:

Having a 007 IPA. Don’t taste what I thought was a hint of diacetyl when I tried it a few days ago. Phew...
View attachment 13655

Nice looking beer.

Been trying to work up the energy to keg the extract Pale Ale I brewed on the 1st. Apathy is winning, and I'm thinking tomorrow might work.
Just spun up a starter for the IPA I'll be brewing Wednesday.

Just finished a rough transfer of Janet’s Brown. Hop trub was clogging the ball lock on the pressure transfer. But it’s done. :confused:

Having a 007 IPA. Don’t taste what I thought was a hint of diacetyl when I tried it a few days ago. Phew...
View attachment 13655
That's pretty!

Sam Adams Boston Lager. Having Mexican food at the house so figured this is a good match. Had not had the plain ol Boston Lager in a while. Forgot how much I used to enjoy it.
View attachment 13672
Some people like to knock Sam Adams but I've never been disappointed with one, can't say that for all craft breweries

I like most of what they offer. Love the variety packs they used to have at the holidays. Not seen those in a while. The one they had this year (which is why I have this one) didn’t include Some of the ones I had before. So @Nosybear how close is this to a true Vienna lager?

Cool, help me get there!
Mine has been at 12C for 7 days, I just turned up the temp in the garage to 15. Was planning to leave it there for another 7 days, then xfer to keg.

Should I carbonate it before layering or after?

What temperature should I lager it at?

Lager for 3 weeks? More? Less?

I have never lagered before...
TIA
I run mine at 34 degrees for 3 weeks before I tap it, it'll get better for 2-3 more after that, but pretty damn good at 3. Just cracked my first one from the current batch. Blew the keg last night on the previous one. Need to clean the lines before I tap the new keg. Have a few bottles from the over though.

Back