Community recipe?

I believe the official community recipe will be a randomly drawn brewer and backup who present an original, favorite recipe for us all to try. For instance, @Bulin's Milker Bucket Brews provided a recipe for his Czech black lager. The last I heard, @Pricelessbrewing is putting together a random user generator, but a backup is also drawn just in case. If we want to start before then, @Trialben has offered to draw volunteer's names from a hat to present their flagship recipe. This would be the Q1 2021 beer (I think? I don't speak business, I'm a zookeeper :rolleyes:).

That being said (and I probably missed something), I think it's also fun to have an "unofficial" community recipe where a style is picked and everyone creates/finds a recipe and compares notes. It might be best to move a conversation about this to another thread, and let this continue on as the "official" community recipe thread with the guidelines laid out by Bulin not too long ago.

Too confusing? Who can say? :D

Seems like we are kind of putting this together on the fly, so to speak. I'd be game to roll with one of the Kolsch recipes suggested by @Trialben while it's getting set up. Hopefully have a random drawing for the second quarter pretty soon then, give people time to get stuff scheduled that way.

Hey, I got the meetings, someone else can do this. I'm also game with any style.
Yes I was hoping @Pricelessbrewing would do a random brewer pool selection.
@Sunfire96 just read your post Amen couldn't of said it better myself.:)

Oh and @Bulin's Milker Bucket Brews was sharing your brew with a fellow HBer this arvo and he was like oh this is a good beer he's slotting it in come winter.

Also bro said it was a good dessert beer!:)
I

Last edited:
Yes I was hoping @Pricelessbrewing would do a random brewer pool selection.
@Sunfire96 just read your post Amen couldn't of said it better myself.:)

Oh and @Bulin's Milker Bucket Brews was sharing your brew with a fellow HBer this arvo and he was like oh this is a good beer he's slotting it in come winter.

Also bro said it was a good dessert beer!:)
I
My Shady Bo is still chugging away, sitting at 13C this morning.
Really looking forward to seeing how this turns out:)

I'm with Josh, new thread for each community recipe.
This has been fun for me to brew Bulin's recipe, the only changes I made were due to ingredient availability.
For instance, I would like to brew Ben's Bunyip, as opposed to a beer similar in style to it.
Having said that, I will ultimately go with the flow.

Since we need time to gather ingredients, brew & possibly Lager before March, I suggest we ask @Trialben to draw a couple of names & a recipe be selected so that we can get started. Meanwhile, @Yooper & @Pricelessbrewing could be working on a more technical selection method.

I'm hoping @Trialben pulls his own name out of the hat cause I want to brew Bunyip. I couldn't find it in Recipes, probably looking for it in the wrong place.

I don't know where this is headed but I started the Kolsch-97 as it sounded rather good and I had the Malt.
I am late to the party with the last one, just brewed it this past weekend!

@Trialben I found this list you made several pages ago:

@Bubba Wade loves his belgian beers
Think of the variety of beers us brewers on here brew.
Craigerr with his NEIPA's
Me with my Kviek beers.
Nosey with his Kentucky common
JA with his Belgian/lagers
Bob with his west coasters I think that's herm as well.
Thunderwagon with his he brews everything:)
Steve with his cask style brews over there in the uk as well as Aharper and UKbrewer.
Or Zambezi with her cider and Belgians
Head first and all the rest I havnt mentioned

I nominate all of the above brewers (and others he thinks of or want to volunteer) to be put into Ben's raffle hat :D

Oki doki then into the hat you all go I'm going to include @BOB357
@Ward Chillington
@Sunfire96 @west1m @weldedsord @Craigerrr @Steve SPF @Mark Farrall @Josh Hughes @Zambezi Special @56 Firedome @Nosybear @BarbarianBrewer @Hawkbox @Chaos home brewing @The Brew Mentor @The Beerery @AHarper @Megary @Donoroto @Group W
@Blackmuse
@jmcnamara
@uk_brewer
@sbaclimber @Beer Foundry
@Vallka
@soccerdad
@ JA (some reason can't link you).
@Yooper and @Pricelessbrewing (in or out it's up to you if you want in). @Ozarks Mountain Brew (you don't currently have brew space)? Oh @Trialben is going in as well:D.

Ok Please Please let me know if I've forgot someone I KNOW I HAVE these are just the names I've remembered off the top of my head.

I'll begin adding names to hat and as mentioned I'll get my Daughter Matilda 4months and counting to draw one out with her baby druel paw.
Then the selected brewer will have three days to confirm that they want to put forward their recipie if no reply another name will be drawn.

Once a brewer has had his/her turn that name will remain out of the hat so we all get a bite of apple;).

Oh if you don't want to be apart of the community recipie just reply to this msg or to me privately.

Last edited:
@Trialben thanks for taking the 1st step. Looking forward to brewing the 1st beer. Next step, Style or Flagship Recipe. Wouldn’t the Flagship Recipe need to be in Recpies?
Looking forward to this.

No offense to anyone, but please pull my name. This is to organized for my brewing style. It's not that I don't like participating, but I like to do so on my timeline. :cool:
No probs out "the hat" You go.

Remember it's quarterly gives everyone plenty of time to order/shuffle brew schedule.

Anyone else?

Choose to be a non participating watcher from the side please. We don't do well with schedules, for example we just put 28 gal in the fermenter last wknd and will fill the keezer hopefully before all the spring chores keep us away from the brewery. Will foller along for moral support though!
CHEERS ALL!

Back