Fruit Beers

USAinNOR

Trial Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna attempt a peach/apricot Saison and I was wondering if anyone had any advice as to any additional ingredients. I'm using a simple saison recipe that I've brewed w/ before.

Pilsner malt
Wheat malt

Aroura
Saaz

French saison #3711

It's a nice lite, fresh, fruity, champagne'ish beer. So I was thinking if adding those flavors, it'd be a great summer ale.
Any thoughts?

you could add zest like lemon lime and orange, I think shock-top has that plus some coriander in it

Be careful of too many ingredients! What I like to do when zeroing in on a recipe is brew small extract batches with various combinations of ingredients to find out what works. Too many ingredients tends to give the beer a flavor best described as "brown", the result of mixing too many colors on a palette (or palate, if you're into puns). Another approach is to make spice tinctures or extracts by either soaking them in alcohol or boiling them in water, as appropriate. You can add these to the beer a bit at a time to find out what works and what doesn't. You're thinking cooking now, so work like a chef, adding a bit at a time until it "pops".

Ty for the advice! I'll let you guys know how it turns out.

Back