Lower IBU IPA

I like to add 5%-7% flaked oats for head retention in my IPAs. If considering, I’d bring the 2-row down an appropriate amount and replace with oats.

The recipe looks okay, but I wouldn't say that it will be a low IBU beer. An English IPA should have a BU/GU ratio sound 0.8. Your recipe is about 0.91. The perceived bitterness might be higher than you are targeting.

Also, there is a fair bit of late addition hops that will continue to isomerize unless the wort is cooled quickly. Something to consider.

Just for reference, I make an American pale ale that I make where I try to achieve a lower bitterness but lots of hop flavor. I target it around 1.050 with 35 IBU's. It seems to have a good balance.

Dont know the style destructively but I'd move the 15min and 1min additions into a 80c whirlpool or just a flame out 20min hop stand and then do a combined hoppidge of 10g each (guessing that's an appropriate hop size for this batch size) dry hop just as krausen is dropping.

Thanks everybody! I reduced the IBU's, moved the 1 min additions to a 10 minute hopstand at flameout, and added a dry hop addition. Not really sure about the IBU contribution from the flameout hops though; the recipe calculator can't seem to make up it's mind how many IBU's are produced depending on what I've clicked on last. If I wait to add them until the wort is below 180F, would the IBU's be negligible?

Thanks everybody! I reduced the IBU's, moved the 1 min additions to a 10 minute hopstand at flameout, and added a dry hop addition. Not really sure about the IBU contribution from the flameout hops though; the recipe calculator can't seem to make up it's mind how many IBU's are produced depending on what I've clicked on last. If I wait to add them until the wort is below 180F, would the IBU's be negligible?
I believe so that's what I've come to expect with low isomerisation whirlpool hops.

I forgot to mention that I would remove the boil hops prior to the hop stand, before adding the whirlpool hops

I forgot to mention that I would remove the boil hops prior to the hop stand, before adding the whirlpool hops
Your call man.
I do small magnum bittering addition just to get the BU GU right for style then load up the back end with character hops of choice.

Either the flaked oats mentioned by @Semper Sitientem , or some carapils/carafoam to help with head retention.
I would swap out the C10 with it.
My standard west coast style IPA gets 5.5% C60, and 5.5% carapils/carafoam.
The S-04 is a good choice.

Back