What are you drinking right now?

@CausticWolf I'm slurping some goat ipa inspired by a post from you and because I'm on a brief holiday and the beer technically free:DView attachment 13126
Very tasty indeed a step up from their Hornet.

The beer is more pale yellow not orange.
Hops Mosaic- Amarillo- Eldorado

Will have to have a crack at brewing one of their beers next year their all on here...
Hops dont line up though:rolleyes:
https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/976012/goat-hazy-ipa-23l

hahahahaha, yeah, they're awesome, especially that one. I prefer Super Hornet, to Hornet, which is their IIPA version. So are you saying you don't think their hop schedules on Brewers Friend are correct? Wouldn't be surprised if they're keeping secrets :)

IMG_2398w.jpg
brewing at the moment as well as tasting my clone of the Traquair, although I went a little less SRM...and I am very happy with the result.
Nice wee heavy.

Any tasting notes? Any info on the bottle? Curious as to what SA adds to make it a “Holiday” Porter and whether or not those additions show up in the finished beer.
I have to admit that I really haven’t ever found a Holiday/Christmas/Spiced beer that I’m willing to buy a second time. I usually find them a muddled mess, or tasting like the cloves from a dinner ham. Because of this I usually avoid them, but I trust SA and I love Porters, so I might be willing to give this a shot.
Nothing “holiday” in terms of spice or anything like that. I think they just only do porters at Christmas. It was robust as it says on the bottle. Very drinkable though.

Darn, pic snafu... Hope you, the boss, and crew are doing well!

Doing well. How about you and Lisa? You've been pretty scarce here. Got the place ready yet? Been meaning to ask if you're gonna stay in the area when you sel.

Doing well. How about you and Lisa? You've been pretty scarce here. Got the place ready yet? Been meaning to ask if you're gonna stay in the area when you sel.
Doing fine. Just taking it one step at a time.

hahahahaha, yeah, they're awesome, especially that one. I prefer Super Hornet, to Hornet, which is their IIPA version. So are you saying you don't think their hop schedules on Brewers Friend are correct? Wouldn't be surprised if they're keeping secrets :)
Well the can says Mosaic Amarillo Eldorado
The recipie has Riwaka Citra ect ect

That looks like a standard 2x4. My concern there would be is it food-grade? By that I mean if it's pressure treated wood then it will have nasty chemicals injected into it. If it's not pressure treated then who knows. Maybe get a scrap piece of 4x4 and slice about an inch off all sides?
It's a clear, untreated Maple 1x2. After drilling, I boiled it for 15 minutes and let it dry before dunking it in kraeusen.

Death wish cold brew while is sit at virtual school. Got an online lecture with kids in a few. Topic of today is the English Civil War.

Ahhhh, ok, yeah, true. They probably omit a lot so that the other breweries are at least somewhat in the dark!
If I were to brew it I'd go with a minscule bittering addition at 60 then Amarillo-Mosaic-Eldorado whirlpool then dry hop with those again.
Actually my next Bunyip will be Amarillo-Mosaic-Simcoe:rolleyes:.

The beer had a sweetness to it so as per their recipe I'd mash high their grist tastes about right I think there might be some vienna but definitely wheat/oats.
There is some crystal malt gives it a bit of a pale blush to it.

Death wish cold brew while is sit at virtual school. Got an online lecture with kids in a few. Topic of today is the English Civil War.

Wish I could have listened in @Josh Hughes. I love history and Medieval and Renaissance are my favorite periods.

Back