What are you drinking right now?

A7A18025-F9B8-4246-A6ED-9494092B177B.jpeg

Nespresso Alto something. My death wish shipment was later. These pods were for her travel tumbler, therefore quite weak

I'm drinking my first ale brewed with Kveik yeast. A simple 5 gal. recipe to reveal the yeast flavor:
14 lbs. Pilsner malt
1/2 oz. Citra at boil & at knockout
1 tsp. dried Voss from Norway
OG: 1064
FG: 1016

Pitched @ 100˚ & fermented @ 97˚ on heat pad
Finished in 2 days
Transferred to secondary for 1 day
Kegged @ 25 psi on day 4
Drinking today, day 5- amazing!

Taste: Slightly tart, with citrusy flavor- orange & lemon. No off flavors or aromas. Cloudy. I'd call it a classic farmhouse ale.

In an effort to build up a bunch of kveik that I can harvest & dry, I'm fermenting a hefeweizen on the kveik yeast cake, which took off hugely after 90 min. Just for fun, I also made a yeast log, dipping it in the kraeusen and hanging it to dry.

I'm giving serious consideration to making this my house yeast, due to the savings in both time, water used for chilling, and not having to purchase yeast. But I need to do some more recipes before I commit.

1st Kveik-97˚.JPG
1st Kveik ale.JPG
yeast log.JPG

I'm drinking my first ale brewed with Kveik yeast. A simple 5 gal. recipe to reveal the yeast flavor:
14 lbs. Pilsner malt
1/2 oz. Citra at boil & at knockout
1 tsp. dried Voss from Norway
OG: 1064
FG: 1016

Pitched @ 100˚ & fermented @ 97˚ on heat pad
Finished in 2 days
Transferred to secondary for 1 day
Kegged @ 25 psi on day 4
Drinking today, day 5- amazing!

Taste: Slightly tart, with citrusy flavor- orange & lemon. No off flavors or aromas. Cloudy. I'd call it a classic farmhouse ale.

In an effort to build up a bunch of kveik that I can harvest & dry, I'm fermenting a hefeweizen on the kveik yeast cake, which took off hugely after 90 min. Just for fun, I also made a yeast log, dipping it in the kraeusen and hanging it to dry.

I'm giving serious consideration to making this my house yeast, due to the savings in both time, water used for chilling, and not having to purchase yeast. But I need to do some more recipes before I commit.

View attachment 13081 View attachment 13082 View attachment 13083
Let me know how that yeast log goes now that's traditional :).

Back