iSpindel calibration readings

nicolaj@aaplus.dk

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi
For helping in calibrating an iSpindel it would be really helpful if it was possible to see the angle readings from any (iSpindel) device under devices, updated everytime the iSpindel send an update. This way it is really easy to set the update interval in the iSpindel to 60s, and then get the angle readings during calibration in water with different sugar content. This feature is available in Brewfather, but I really miss it here in Brewersfriend, because it's what I normally use.
BR
Nicolaj

Attachments

• Brewfather devices.pdf
    43.8 KB · Views: 134
Hi
For helping in calibrating an iSpindel it would be really helpful if it was possible to see the angle readings from any (iSpindel) device under devices, updated everytime the iSpindel send an update. This way it is really easy to set the update interval in the iSpindel to 60s, and then get the angle readings during calibration in water with different sugar content. This feature is available in Brewfather, but I really miss it here in Brewersfriend, because it's what I normally use.
BR
Nicolaj

Thanks for waiting! I don't have an iSpindel, so I had to check with the developer, but you can do that with Brewer's Friend.

You can see the angle reading:
attachment

You do have to link it to a brew session first, but otherwise it should be unremarkable.

https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/profile/device_settings

Thanks for waiting! I don't have an iSpindel, so I had to check with the developer, but you can do that with Brewer's Friend.

You can see the angle reading:
attachment

You do have to link it to a brew session first, but otherwise it should be unremarkable.

https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/profile/device_settings

Thank you very much for answering.
You are right. But the problem is, that even if I set the update interval on the iSpindel to 1 minute, there is still the 15 minutes limit on Brewersfriend for receiving data, and you need to refresh the page to see the new reading. This means that a calibration involving 6 sugar solutions would take 1,5 hours instead of 6 minutes. Plus it is a lot of extra annoying mouse clicks to link it to a brew session :)

Attachments

• iSpindel device reading.png
    iSpindel device reading.png
    16.7 KB · Views: 90
I'm only casually familiar with iSpindel, but I've sent a message to @Yooper and the developers to followup on calibrating multiple devices.

Thank you for your patience.

The easiest way I found to calibrate the iSpindel was with ubidots as it support 15 seconds data. So I set my iSpindel to connect to ubidots. I can do more then 1 iSpindel in the same time while calibrating

Back