Mini keg

The usually have a little push tap in the bottom to drain, odd the picture doesn't show it.

Maybe fit it with a funnel and use it as a cuspidor :) I think they come free if you buy them full of Heineken.,

Yeah. The ad mentions additional bungs required to use the thing. It will do for a "cheap" kegging solution but those mini-kegs with a dispenser that uses CO2 cartridges are great! I use them for transporting beer but the thing you have to keep in mind: The beer has to be carbonated before filling one of those little guys. The 16g CO2 cartridge does not have enough gas to carbonate the beer.

Yeah. The ad mentions additional bungs required to use the thing. It will do for a "cheap" kegging solution but those mini-kegs with a dispenser that uses CO2 cartridges are great! I use them for transporting beer but the thing you have to keep in mind: The beer has to be carbonated before filling one of those little guys. The 16g CO2 cartridge does not have enough gas to carbonate the beer.
I was thinking that way. Priming sugar and let it carb. One of the brewing mags, last one whichever that was, suggested something like these for a british cask ale simulation.

Hunt around for 1 gal ball lock kegs. Torpedo makes 1 gal, 2.5 bal and up. The cool thing is if you enough height in your refrigerator you can stack them while connected to gas and faucets

@Josh Hughes if you brew gallon batches the 4 or maybe even 5 liter kegs would work. They have a ball lock optional lid that would allow you to force carb and run an o2 tank if you wanted to step in that direction. They're pressure rated at 45#. I'm looking at getting a couple and will run them right off my current set up. You could carb with sugar if you wanted and dispense with the little cartridges. Several options.

https://www.williamsbrewing.com/Gif...eer-Gifts-Under-4000/4-Liter-KegLand-Mini-Keg

@Josh Hughes if you brew gallon batches the 4 or maybe even 5 liter kegs would work. They have a ball lock optional lid that would allow you to force carb and run an o2 tank if you wanted to step in that direction. They're pressure rated at 45#. I'm looking at getting a couple and will run them right off my current set up. You could carb with sugar if you wanted and dispense with the little cartridges. Several options.

https://www.williamsbrewing.com/Gif...eer-Gifts-Under-4000/4-Liter-KegLand-Mini-Keg
May look into that

Somebody used one a month or so ago. I can't find it though. I think his experience was that it was a bit painful but a very cheap experiment in kegging.

I've got a couple of 6 litre kegs. They fit nicely into our cooler and I've fitted a couple of taps to the cooler. It's nice to take for a weekend away. I carb the kegs in the kegerator and then just use a Sodastream cylinder to push the beer out.

Mini keg, and the price is tough to beat!
20201119_093953.jpg

Mini keg, and the price is tough to beat!
View attachment 12945
Yeah I want to get one of them.
I've been thinking of doing experimental batches using the T piece to push the fermented beer into another soda bottle.

Was thinking of doing some small batch cider beers in 2lt soda bottles then scaling up to 20lt batches.
I rekon these T's would be perfect for that ;)

Yeah I want to get one of them.
I've been thinking of doing experimental batches using the T piece to push the fermented beer into another soda bottle.

Was thinking of doing some small batch cider beers in 2lt soda bottles then scaling up to 20lt batches.
I rekon these T's would be perfect for that ;)
I have a setup for those as well - to transport I'll fill a one or two-liter bottle, carbonate it then serve it wherever I go. The Carb Caps work well and fit any soda bottle.

I have a setup for those as well - to transport I'll fill a one or two-liter bottle, carbonate it then serve it wherever I go. The Carb Caps work well and fit any soda bottle.
Yeah I've got the carb cap but by using the T piece I can put a spunding valve on the gas out and replicate a mini pressure ferment.
That's what I want the T for as well as adding co2;).

Back