What are you drinking right now?

I was going to put up the outside lights today but the wind has been blowing about 50± mph all day.

I never took the outside lights down...

Drinking the first bottle of the munich dunkel. I like it a lot, but hopefully after another week conditioning the carbonation will be better
20201114_131859.jpg

Settling in to watch my 8-0 Steelers, and enjoying a Lancaster Bomber. It is windy enough here that the house is creaking, and the power is flickering here and there. Similar conditions in Pitt today.
20201115_163408.jpg

Schlafly Berry Brunch Stout

I picked up a mix with 4 different Stouts from Schlafly. As a Stout lover, it practically had my name on it. I’ve never had a beer from Schlafly before. This one is brewed with blueberries, blackberries and coffee. Some audacity, if you ask me. But all 3 are present - even if the berries kind of blend into one - and none dominate. Nice balance. Very good beer. Anyone familiar with Schlafly?

51B7DCE6-10C0-4D1C-9B60-AEEA95C8949A.jpeg

I picked up a mix with 4 different Stouts from Schlafly. As a Stout lover, it practically had my name on it. I’ve never had a beer from Schlafly before. This one is brewed with blueberries, blackberries and coffee. Some audacity, if you ask me. But all 3 are present - even if the berries kind of blend into one - and none dominate. Nice balance. Very good beer. Anyone familiar with Schlafly?

View attachment 12901
Never heard of them, St. Louis according to the label.

Settling in to watch my 8-0 Steelers, and enjoying a Lancaster Bomber. It is windy enough here that the house is creaking, and the power is flickering here and there. Similar conditions in Pitt today.
View attachment 12898
Boo from a depressed Bengals fan

View attachment 12901
Had some in St. Louis a few years ago at a small blues club by the stadium

It's still pretty good! I've seen it recently at local grocery stores around Nor Cal. When I was living in Oregon, we would always get Rainier for Seahawks games and I remember preferring that to Olympia for some reason. I need to find some Vitamin R for a side by side taste test!

I worked on a geo exploration crew for a couple of summers back in the mid 80s in the Calif. foothills where the temperatures were always 100+. The boss always passed out cans of Rainier after work. Tasted great after sweating your ass of all day. Tried it in the comfort of our air conditioned house and it tasted like crap.

Brown ale. First of batch. Rest of the bottles will get another week in the bottle but I’m happy with how this turned out. I added some brown malt to the typical MO/Crystal I usually see. Adds a nice smidge of coffee roast to got with the caramel malt.
329E2265-96AA-401C-B92A-632F91211C5E.jpeg

Back