What are you drinking right now?

I think it's a great beer. I've got another batch lined up :D

Sounds like you've found the key to a successful clone. I'll be picking your brain the next time I try to come close to the real deal.

Tonight's lineup. English-style pale ale from a local brewery, and the Celebration waiting on deck. Cheers!
20201107_160528.jpg

image.jpg
Eternal Peace West Coast IPA at the old lhbs. The bag behind the beer holds grains for tomorrow’s brew, which will be a West Coast IPA. I also got some Warrior Hops (I was hoping to get Magnum - out of stock) for a high alpha acid bittering hop.

The usual double shot and a Sierra Nevada Dankful IPA. Man, this is a really great beer! Hope they put it in their regular lineup.
View attachment 12798
Oh yeah, Bob, that is a tasty beer. I shopped for that yesterday, but it was out of stock, so I settled for Hop Bullet.

View attachment 12807 Eternal Peace West Coast IPA at the old lhbs. The bag behind the beer holds grains for tomorrow’s brew, which will be a West Coast IPA. I also got some Warrior Hops (I was hoping to get Magnum - out of stock) for a high alpha acid bittering hop.

Warrior works well in West Coasters, as does Bravo. Haven't used Magnum an close to a year. I think you'll be happy with the Warrior.

Warrior works well in West Coasters, as does Bravo. Haven't used Magnum an close to a year. I think you'll be happy with the Warrior.
While in the old lhbs, I seemed to recall that you use Warrior for bittering. This will be my first time using Warrior. My brew will feature, as usual, Cascade, Centennial and Chinook.

I keep finding Magnum to be at the right price, and I do like it, but I should try Warrior one time. Thing is I buy a pound of Magnum and break it up into 1 oz packages, so it lasts a long while

I could have bought an 8 ounce package of Magnum, but that is far more than I would use for a long while. I read that I could substitute Northern Brewer (which I have) for Magnum, but decided Warrior in a 2 ounce package would be worth trying. @BOB357’s recommendation seems reasonable. On Monday I brew a version of West Coast IPA, with some adjustments to account for the higher AA% Warrior hops.

Nespresso espresso before I head to the school. Taking my daughter today, her baby sitter’s kid has a sore throat.

Back