What are you drinking right now?

Inspired by Bass
1888041F-034A-4028-A66B-2EC7AE6D328D.jpeg

Stormy Bunyip :rolleyes:
20201031_161403.jpg

I've done a couple of spins on this recipie now and I'm sticking with this one I just keep coming back to it 500g vienna 500g wheat 200g dark crystal prop the rest with ale malt then throw some fruity new world hops at it and double up with fruity kviek.

The hops are starting to fade a bit on this brew now but the malt is there to keep it damn delicious. Cheers

Looks like the label has changed and I wonder if they've changed up the recipe also. I haven't had it in a couple years, but I've enjoyed it in the past. I do like hoppy American style browns though so maybe it's just a preference thing.
Definitely a preference thing. And an expectation thing. I had it in my head that I was getting a classic, soft, chewy British Brown. What I got was a punch in the mouth! :D
I’ve got 5 more to fight back, maybe by the end I’ll come around.

Definitely a preference thing. And an expectation thing. I had it in my head that I was getting a classic, soft, chewy British Brown. What I got was a punch in the mouth! :D
I’ve got 5 more to fight back, maybe by the end I’ll come around.
If you lived closer I'd be willing to sacrifice my taste buds:D

Dunkelweizen

Not the best beer I ever brewed, not even a great beer, but definitely one of the most interesting. Very sessionable, a bit of a strange aroma, lacking a lot of the attributes that I thought I was going to get from Munich Classic (banana, clove), and yet I keep wanting another. A style that leaves many dials to turn and one I will definitely revisit.

B243C9C0-2C16-4323-B209-C6DDFDFB031D.jpeg

I can't remember the last time this was available here, it's been years! Brewed and Canned in the UK. I would call this a mild bitter. I am going to see if I can find out what hops they use in this. It has a little bit of bitterness to it, but not a bitterness/flavor that I recognize. I like it!
20201031_203749.jpg
20201031_203934.jpg

I can't remember the last time this was available here, it's been years! Brewed and Canned in the UK. I would call this a mild bitter. I am going to see if I can find out what hops they use in this. It has a little bit of bitterness to it, but not a bitterness/flavor that I recognize. I like it!
View attachment 12696 View attachment 12697
I know I've never seen it here in the states, but it certainly looks delicious.

Back