What are you drinking right now?

More local support. This is a fantastic beer that I picked up on a whim. To be honest, the can caught my eye. I just found out that it took a Silver at this years GABF. Under 4% with a touch of toffee, but not sweet. Session indeed.

View attachment 12551
I’m rarely lucky enough to catch something like that around here.

More local support. This is a fantastic beer that I picked up on a whim. To be honest, the can caught my eye. I just found out that it took a Silver at this years GABF. Under 4% with a touch of toffee, but not sweet. Session indeed.

View attachment 12551
No that's some skills looks tasty

Our first visit to Immersion was shortly after they opened. We've been impressed with how much their beers have improved over the years. Also impressive is how polished their equipment is. Looks like they spit shine it every day.
Did you go up the hill to Crux when you were in the neighborhood? Another one of our favorites.
At Immersion, I also enjoyed a third beer, their Westward Expansion, a California Common. Like the other 2, this was a tasty beer. Later that same afternoon, we met some friends who just moved to Bend. We shared happy hour beers and pub food at Monkless Belgian Ales - our second stop there during this trip. I loved the 3 brews that evening, including Meet Your Maker, and a pair of The FNG.
We did not make it to Crux, nor to Good Life, but we know where they’re at for the next trip.

Bass like Pale while I brew a brown ale.
7446A67F-35DF-4B5A-9184-7A47793EC1E5.jpeg

I think that we need to see a picture of this, especially the wool beanie!
I am envisioning a propeller on the top...
87DCF5FA-82FF-40D6-A2A4-2575655AF9E2.jpeg
Proof of cold on Thursday in Bend.
Yesterday we drove home, a 15 hour marathon. When we left Bend at 7:30am, it was 25*F, and a half hour later, it was 15*F so we were dressed warm. By the time we were driving through Redding, CA it was 85*F. That 70 degree temperature swing is the largest I have ever experienced in a day.

All winterized and taking a day off. This IPA is really green but tastes fantastic. It’s a variation on my Sugar Pine IPA, but with no crystal malt. Just 2 row and 7% Munich 10L. Hops are Chinook, Centennial and a touch of Citra. It’s on the sweet side so backing the Munich down to 5% and increasing the Chinook on the next run. This beer is amazing. Pondo IPA. Cheers all.
upload_2020-10-25_11-36-49.jpeg

All winterized and taking a day off. This IPA is really green but tastes fantastic. It’s a variation on my Sugar Pine IPA, but with no crystal malt. Just 2 row and 7% Munich 10L. Hops are Chinook, Centennial and a touch of Citra. It’s on the sweet side so backing the Munich down to 5% and increasing the Chinook on the next run. This beer is amazing. Pondo IPA. Cheers all.
View attachment 12563
Looks fantastic.

At Immersion, I also enjoyed a third beer, their Westward Expansion, a California Common. Like the other 2, this was a tasty beer. Later that same afternoon, we met some friends who just moved to Bend. We shared happy hour beers and pub food at Monkless Belgian Ales - our second stop there during this trip. I loved the 3 brews that evening, including Meet Your Maker, and a pair of The FNG.
We did not make it to Crux, nor to Good Life, but we know where they’re at for the next trip.

Never heard of Monkless. Guessing it's fairly new. Another bad thing about Bend is so many breweries and never enough time :) Sounds like you had a nice visit in beervana.

Never heard of Monkless. Guessing it's fairly new. Another bad thing about Bend is so many breweries and never enough time :) Sounds like you had a nice visit in beervana.
Hey Bob. Munkless is pretty much Belgian style only. It’s on the east side near 10 Barrel. Next time you guys are in town, give Bevel a try. Cheers!

Expanding my lager horizons. I can't believe how smooth this beer is. The roasted malts are definitely present, but very balanced, and not bitter. This might taste better than the craft munich dunkel I was drinking a few days ago. That one was too bitter. All in the name of research, cheers!
20201025_144416.jpg

Back