What did you get delivered today

You do cold and we'll do hot!:D

I mean whoever has herd of -20 being the norm I dont know man that's some serious deep freeze!
It really depends on where you are in this massive country. For instance, where we are, we are south of a good portion of the US midwest. But, ya, gets nasty from December to March.

I’ve got an IPA planned for an early November brew day. I picked up this stainless mesh thingy with the intent of trying a dry hop in the keg. Now the question is, will it fit in a 2.5 gal corny? o_O

If not, I suppose I can always use it to hold the onions in my red sauce...

DB755BB9-5E36-4428-ADE4-E06F8B8F8CA7.jpeg

I’ve got an IPA planned for an early November brew day. I picked up this stainless mesh thingy with the intent of trying a dry hop in the keg. Now the question is, will it fit in a 2.5 gal corny? o_O

If not, I suppose I can always use it to hold the onions in my red sauce...

View attachment 12405
Looks like it will fit right in the middle... Hopefully:D

I vote no. The only way I see it fitting is diagonally. and think the dip tube will be in the way. Remember, the actual keg bottom is over an inch above the bottom of the rubber.

All put away, so no pics. Two small packages in the mail yesterday. One was 100, 3ml pipettes and some gumbo file. Couldn't find the file anywhere around here, so ordered from Amazon. The other was a 12" smoke tube and a propane torch to light it with. It'll be nice to be able to get some serious smoke when cooking on the Traeger and also to be able to cold smoke. Been meaning to get one for some time, but keep forgetting. Was cruising Amazon site during Prime Day and saw a great deal, so jumped on it.

I vote no. The only way I see it fitting is diagonally. and think the dip tube will be in the way. Remember, the actual keg bottom is over an inch above the bottom of the rubber.
Yes, now that you mention it, there is that.

All put away, so no pics. Two small packages in the mail yesterday. One was 100, 3ml pipettes and some gumbo file. Couldn't find the file anywhere around here, so ordered from Amazon. The other was a 12" smoke tube and a propane torch to light it with. It'll be nice to be able to get some serious smoke when cooking on the Traeger and also to be able to cold smoke. Been meaning to get one for some time, but keep forgetting. Was cruising Amazon site during Prime Day and saw a great deal, so jumped on it.

Just sitting around after getting my chores done and decided to try out the Smoke Tube, It's been going going for a little over 2 hours and has burnt about 35 to 40% of the pellets. (the black band is what's currently burning) Nice sweet smoke and lots of it. The Traeger isn't on, so all of the smoke is from the tube. I'm impressed. This is the Skoo Pellet Smoker I found on Amazon. Other brands are probably comparable. Anybody that wants to cold smoke or add some serious smoke to cooks on any type of grill, You gotta check these things out.

Smoke Tube.jpg

Just sitting around after getting my chores done and decided to try out the Smoke Tube, It's been going going for a little over 2 hours and has burnt about 35 to 40% of the pellets. (the black band is what's currently burning) Nice sweet smoke and lots of it. The Traeger isn't on, so all of the smoke is from the tube. I'm impressed. This is the Skoo Pellet Smoker I found on Amazon. Other brands are probably comparable. Anybody that wants to cold smoke or add some serious smoke to cooks on any type of grill, You gotta check these things out.

View attachment 12453
Ready to smoke some cheese?

Ooh I like that idea. My Traeger is nice but doesn't do a cold smoke.

Not today, but I'm installing quick-connects on my gas lines so I can use them for multiple kegs, multiple purposes.

It started snowing today, so kind of not doing anything.

Not today, but I'm installing quick-connects on my gas lines so I can use them for multiple kegs, multiple purposes.
Happy days Nosey.
One thing ive found using the duotight quick disconnect and I'd guess the same for most types is once you've connected and unconnected the lines a few times it's best to trim it back to get a fresh seal now and again;).

Ooh I like that idea. My Traeger is nice but doesn't do a cold smoke.

I had the cold smoker attachment on mine for several years, but seldom used it. All it did was collect soot and grease. Finally took it off.
Cold Smoker.jpg

I'll be using the smoke tube with the grill set to 225F to up the amount of smoke. Thinking the Big Chief is better for cold smoking with just the tube. Will be doing a bit of experimenting. I've also got a large natural gas grill with a huge rotisserie. Wondering how the smoke tube would work while doing a turkey on the spit.

Hmm that is an interesting idea. I did a smoked turkey for Thanksgiving with my Tailgater and it came out wonderfully, but I do have a big Costco BBQ that has a rotisserie I could put a smoke tube in as well.

Hmm that is an interesting idea. I did a smoked turkey for Thanksgiving with my Tailgater and it came out wonderfully, but I do have a big Costco BBQ that has a rotisserie I could put a smoke tube in as well.

I've been cooking our Thanksgiving and Christmas turkeys on the Traeger for several years. They do come out very tasty, but could do with more smoke. You just can't beat a rotisserie for cooking poultry. The juicy, tender meat and crisp skin are to die for, but the thought of some added smoke makes my mouth water. Think I'll try it out with a couple of chickens to see how it works.

Back