First Brew more Bitter than expected

Be sure to open the tap 'full throttle' or you will get LOTS of foam. Try it.

I have never used a hop spider, instead a nylon hops bag. You may be getting more flow through it than you think.

But, really glad to hear that it's not as bitter as it was before. That has been my experience as well, after kicking in carbonating it mellows out quite a bit.

Yeah valid point on the tap opening, don't try to throttle the flow or it will foam badly. On/Off are your settings.

Sorry for the delay in replying, not been in the right head space due to work issues! but all bottled and passed out to friends and I have to say I'm please with it myself and ive had good reviews coming back so over all I'm happy.

I'd still say the flavor was lacking a bit but i think i put that down too poor wort flow through the spider, as for bottling well that was a disaster to start with, but after dropping the pressure down and firuring out that i should be using the gray quick disconnect not the black ones!! i managed to get 13L of the 19L in the keg (yes i lost a lot).

Who said RTFM??? but Ive loved every min of the process and I've already got my next brew in the Keg.

to answer the questions i have 3/8beer line feeding a Beer gun, and th4e carbonating temp was 5c

Thank you so much for all your help and feed back.

Cheers

Simon

I get that, I've been having trouble focusing on anything lately.

Back