I brewed today!

Cool, except now you can’t watch the process.
Truly, a sacrifice for sure. This 2 gallon bucket is a test set-up to see if having a spigot on my fermenter will be as life-changing as I'm hoping it will be. (Also, they're cheap enough that I can get another soon) If I love the spigot, then when I do a big upgrade this winter to a stainless steel bucket or spiedel, I will know whether or not a spigot is worth the cost (for me and my setup). Honestly, I'm trying to get away from siphoning as fast as possible.

Truly, a sacrifice for sure. This 2 gallon bucket is a test set-up to see if having a spigot on my fermenter will be as life-changing as I'm hoping it will be. (Also, they're cheap enough that I can get another soon) If I love the spigot, then when I do a big upgrade this winter to a stainless steel bucket or spiedel, I will know whether or not a spigot is worth the cost (for me and my setup). Honestly, I'm trying to get away from siphoning as fast as possible.
I do not miss siphoning...

This was actually from last Friday, but I brewed a Pale Ale with home grown Northern Brewer hops in the whirl pool.

Attachments

• Hops.jpg
    Hops.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 49
Dunkelweiss

Nice and easy brew day. Always a good feeling when numbers are on target.

Bottom up: Pale wheat, Munich, Victory and Carafa II.

A1EBA9B2-404D-4173-BB64-6609008B1E0D.jpeg

CC02F5B1-703F-4538-BE27-9FE3F771B68F.jpeg

After brew day, I went for a glass of Rye IPA, and the keg kicked after half a glass. So I stripped it down and got it soaking.

Then the real fun began as my wife and I jarred some tomatoes. :eek: A long and productive day!

F8D02ECA-B860-44F3-8F47-746098986D9C.jpeg

Dunkelweiss

Nice and easy brew day. Always a good feeling when numbers are on target.

Bottom up: Pale wheat, Munich, Victory and Carafa II.

View attachment 12140

View attachment 12141

After brew day, I went for a glass of Rye IPA, and the keg kicked after half a glass. So I stripped it down and got it soaking.

Then the real fun began as my wife and I jarred some tomatoes. :eek: A long and productive day!

View attachment 12142
What a productive day megary. Your on a roll !

I did a test IPA. Lallemand has asked our homebrew club to brew their beer with their Verdant IPA yeast. I did a split batch, half Verdant, half BRY-97. It's not a style I usually do but the test should be fun.

Just finished sparging and now bringing my Hop Hunter like wort to a boil. Hit volume and gravity spot on. Time to relax for awhile and grab a bite of breakfast.
View attachment 12171

Just put fermenter in the fridge to finish cooling down. Ended up 1 point under expectation and about a pint over volume, so calling it a wash.
Chillin'.jpg

Aerated and pitched at 8:00PM and the airlock was bubbling steadily at 10:30. Quick start for 2nd generation Liberty Bell.

Last edited:
I spent the weekend getting some grain and hops and that Kveik yeast(YEAST YEAST!).
So right now I am brewing a Florida Farmhouse Ale. A couple pounds of Maris Otter, a pound of two row and a half ounce each Azzaca, Northern Brewer and Willamette hops.
However, from what I have read about the Kveik's robust fermentation, I am going to try using only one gram of the Kveik and see what happens.
No Guts, No Glory!

Back