Carbonating in a “Beer box”

Josh Hughes

Lifetime Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Months ago I used AHA discount to buy a “beer box” https://www.brewingtools.com/product/single-beerbox/ The Stout I am brewing tomorrow will go in it once it ferments. My question is time. The instructions say expect the beer to be carbed in a month. I usually start drink bottles in 2 weeks, not all obligatory so some get 3-4:weeks. For those who naturally carb in a keg or have one of these what do you suggest? I have patience to wait a month I just like to plan my brewing and the time it takes to carb affects that. Thanks

Looks like you can also put it under Forced Carbonation using them mini co2 carb bulbs.
Man I hope it works for ya.
What's the beer dispenser housing made of?
Almost cheaper to go mini keg with soda stream and mini regulator.
I'd treat it just like your bottles if naturally carbonating two weeks is easy enough time to ferment a whole batch of beer it should be enough to put some bubbles in your beer:).

It is a hard plastic that will expand when it’s carbonating. The website says co2 is just for the pour. This was months ago so if I had the decision now I would probably do something different. This I can put in my fridge and serve from there so that was a selling point for me. Seems well made but I haven’t used it yet

I carbonate all of my beers in a keg. A week is usually good, two weeks tops until carbonation is complete. However, I often leave them 4-6 weeks, somewhat of a combined carbonation and secondary fermentation. This give the flavors more time to meld.

It is a hard plastic that will expand when it’s carbonating. The website says co2 is just for the pour. This was months ago so if I had the decision now I would probably do something different. This I can put in my fridge and serve from there so that was a selling point for me. Seems well made but I haven’t used it yet

So that’s my problem!
I’m pour and I have a bunch of co2 cartridges!
I never knew!

Back years ago, I used the German 5-liter kegs. You worked them the same way. Naturally carbonate, and use the CO2 cartridge to maintain the pressure once you started to serve.

In theory, you could carbonate with the cartridges, but it's not very practical.

I went round and round trying to figure out a short-cut to carbing but nothing worked until I got a couple of kegs and a small CO2 rig. There's just not going to be a better or more efficient (or for that matter, more cost-effective) way to carb and serve beer.
Well, I guess serving directly out of a glycol-chilled Uni-tank type fermenter/brite tank does go one step better but that's a little extreme. ;)

Back