Beer recipe search

geirminator

Trial Member
Reaction score
Is it just me who has trouble using the new (?) search engine?

What troubles are you having?

Are you getting errors, bad data, hard time understanding how to search using it?

the only thing I miss is being able to see newest or latest updates being posted, other than that while looking very cool I probably wont use the sliders, just a box to enter a number would have been easier and faster for me, good work :)

So under the search drop-down maybe a separate Latest Recipes display?

Yes, would be nice and I had a hard time getting the slider on the right number, either the range needs fine tuning with a smaller gap or something else

Maybe a numerical entry box or drop down next to the sliders?

yes as long as it didn't make the left column any wider, shorten the slider with either a text box or drop down would be my idea

With a little fine tuning this would be great. You need to refine the upper and lower limits and define the units. Most of the options max out at one of the first itty, bitty lines. For example, FG seems to be in points so if you go to the middle of the range you get results that I believe are mistakes. Good start though. thanks.

I think the new recipe search function is going to work well. I agree the slider ranges need to be decreased and a box to enter the range would be good. I don't know if it is just me or my computer, but after a search and view a recipe I use the back button (to review my search results) all my search results are gone and I have to start back over.
I hope that that function of recipe search could be restored.
Thank you.

Sorry, the recipe search engine works fine! It was just my IE browser that didn't work very well.

Hi
I am using Firefox and have the same issue. I enter search terms and get results. I then view a recipe. I hit the back button and the search terms are gone and have start all over.

I have the same issue.

We're looking into it now.

I have been playing with the new recipe search and sort of expected some fixes before now so haven't said anything. The limits really do need to be redefined, 0-300 for ABV? I haven't ever heard of a 300% beer, have you? 1200 IBU is way off the charts, be realistic please. I assume OG FG 0-33 and 0-10 are Plato or Brix? Labeling is non existent. This is an excellent set up for looking for that certain recipe but pay attention to the values set forth for the user. Just a little tweaking would make this a top notch search engine. Rethink what you have here. A little common sense would go a long way in this design. Please don't take this as negative input, as I said, this is a great base to work with. Thanks

Thanks for the insight! I'll connect with guys and see what's up.

Much different. The slider idea was quicker but this is much more precise. I am guessing this was in the redesign category before today? Thanks guys. I will raise a St Patty's Blarney Ale (freshly brewed) in your honor. Cheers!

We discussed it but it wasn't an anticipated change.

Ok I made it so it has both the sliders and input boxes now

Back