First Keezer Build. Few questions.

Pictures please
Sure will.
Soon as the freezers here and collar wood is ordered I'll get some pics.
Unsure on stain yet but quite like a dark stained oak against the black freezer.
Not sure yet.

Probably be a while with lockdown in place for a month or so, before I can pick it up, but once I get it done I'll post pics. In the meantime - https://www.kegland.com.au/quadruple-tap-brushed-stainless-font-kit.html
Cheers got me dreaming now Mark yet I must admit i struggle to keep three taps flowing :confused:.

That's gotta.be a larger bore diameter I had a quick look you need to order the font seal with it. Btw handy to have one of those as well as the bolts spare when servicing the font the bolts go rusty over some time i found on last keggerator I had.

Timber turned up.
Need to pick a stain colour, decide if using adhesive or mounting tape on the collar.

Cut a recess in the rear of the collar
(Hinges on the freezer are recessed in!)

Think I'm pretty much ready to crack on now.

Attachments

• IMG_20200921_101420.jpg
    IMG_20200921_101420.jpg
    189.3 KB · Views: 75
Drilled tap holes, fit test and built the collar.
Had some osmo left from a few years back so chucked a coat of that on. Instead of buying any stain.
Was going to stain it dark but had this laying around so it got used.
Will check again tomorrow and maybe recoat.

IMG_20200923_123129.jpg
IMG_20200923_153025.jpg
IMG_20200923_153010.jpg

Quick lid fit test.
Need to take a wee bit from inside collar and then foil tape. And seal it to freezer.

Will add some insulation at some point, just going to get it pouring for now.

Daughters 4th birthday weekend. So I'll try and get it up and running for early next week.... Hopefully.
IMG_20200925_102856.jpg
IMG_20200925_102915.jpg

Looks great, and wood is a great insulator (log house...), you may not need additional insulation, but it wouldn't hurt a bit.

Really good idea. Nice job
I've been reading a little on heat differential and will be adding it to the 'future mod/upgrade' list.
Lots of people have different ideas and results.
Like the thermo. In a water bottle, dangling free in bubble wrap or stuck to side of a keg? Still. Unsure on that one yet.

I'll get her set up and serving and see what's what.

I do fancy another tap at some point so current taps are 4inch off centre.

Have seen some great ideas for mead, wine and what not.

Anyway. Should be good Xmas. Just need more kegs now........

Really good idea. Nice job
I've been reading a little on heat differential and will be adding it to the 'future mod/upgrade' list.
Lots of people have different ideas and results.
Like the thermo. In a water bottle, dangling free in bubble wrap or stuck to side of a keg? Still. Unsure on that one yet.

I'll get her set up and serving and see what's what.

I do fancy another tap at some point so current taps are 4inch off centre.

Have seen some great ideas for mead, wine and what not.

Anyway. Should be good Xmas. Just need more kegs now........
I have my probe strapped to an old can of soda placed kind of in the middle of the kegs to hopefully get the most accurate reading. I've never had issues and the readings are at least consistent.

I have my probe strapped to an old can of soda placed kind of in the middle of the kegs to hopefully get the most accurate reading. I've never had issues and the readings are at least consistent.
Simple and good results. I might use that as don't really want to just dangle the probe. If lifting the lid for glasses or bottled beer. I'd imagine temps would fluctuate pretty bad.

Back