Taplist.io digital menu - new Brewer's Friend integration

mikeybrews

Trial Member
Reaction score
Hey folks! Mike from Taplist.io. Longtime lurker.

Way way back in 2017, Josh and I had a conversation about getting API access to Brewer's Friend account data. I wanted to connect it to my beer board menu app Taplist.io. While it didn't exist at the time, amazingly, Josh hacked it together seemingly overnight, and... I completely dropped the ball and never launched the integration. Eek!

Well, I am here to right that wrong: Taplist.io finally supports Brewer's Friend! Here's the official HOWTO, and we have a little community discussion going on here. In short, link your account and:
  • Your Recipes will be sync'd in (as Beverages in your private Taplist.io beverage database)
  • Your active Brew Sessions will be converted to On Deck kegs. (It's your choice whether these show up in your TV menu and web menu).
We've got a few smaller kinks to work out, what we could really use is a few more testers. Shout here if you have any feedback or ideas - I want this to kick butt!

If you haven't tried Taplist.io, we've grown a lot over the years. Here's a quick screenshot, we have a lot of theme customization options and as you can see, if you are low on artistic talent like me you can really make something quite bizarre ;-)

cheers - and thank you Josh!

31f5ca3a31ee3cba17a56472b2871fb871f7e924.jpeg

This is pretty slick. Taplist.io displays on my little RPi LCD on my kegerator. I use the RPi to run the kegerator compressor and control the temperature anyway. It's so simple, just add the BF code to Taplist.io, sync, and your beers are there!

Thanks Mikey!

You got it!

I forgot to mention one improvement we're working on is auto-sync: Updates to brew sessions and recipes will be automatically synchronized. Basically my goal is, if you never want to touch beverage data in Taplist.io (and instead want to use Brewer's Friend as the "source of truth"), you can do so painlessly!

I'll drop a short note here once this is lighted up.. cheers!

Back