Think I should have used a blow-off tube! Help defuse the bomb!

Hey @SabreSteve ....didja have any visions of "the Hurt Locker" when you were defusing that thing? :eek::eek::eek:
Never seen it. But yeah felt like I was on a bomb squad.
My next brew after I bottle the brown ale this week is a blonde ale with an estimated OG of 1.041 so I'm assuming I should be safe with the airlock this time . But definitely if I do another brown ale or use Nottingham again I'm going to start off with a blow-off tube

So now that things have calmed down I figured I'd remove the blow-off tube from the center post of the 3 piece airlock because the longer the krausen sits in the tube the more impossible it'll be to clean. This also happens to be my racking tubing although I ordered more tubing and it should be here today. Anyways reassembled the airlock and filled with star san then I ran hot water from the sink through the tube at full pressure. Got most of it but there's some stubborn specs left. Used my bottle brush for some at the very end of the tube. Any cleaning suggestions? Right now it's just soaking in hot water.

Brushes are available specifically for cleaning small diameter tubing and dip tubes.
https://www.morebeer.com/products/beer-line-cleaning-brush-38-48.html
https://www.morebeer.com/products/beer-line-cleaning-brush-14-36.html
The proper tool for the job, and cheap too.

I just put in an order with them myself. I didn't get any this go around, but they have a chipotle syrup I wouldn't mind trying!
Idk about chipotle beer. My buddy got a Jalapeno beer once like 10 years ago as a part of a make-your-own 6-pack and it was truly gross. I guess it could be good if balanced but all you really got was the jalapeno.

Idk about chipotle beer. My buddy got a Jalapeno beer once like 10 years ago as a part of a make-your-own 6-pack and it was truly gross. I guess it could be good if balanced but all you really got was the jalapeno.
I make a cream ale that I call Nacho Cream Ale that is fantastic. Well, it is to us at least lol. That said, it does have to be balanced right. Some may go for heat ( I go for just enough to let you know its there) but I focus more on getting a nice roasted chile flavor that's not over the top.
We have a chipotle porter here locally that is very tasty. They usually only brew it a couple times a year so that makes it a little more special.
I'm a hot head though and like all things hot, chile, pepper, etc.

I make a cream ale that I call Nacho Cream Ale that is fantastic. Well, it is to us at least lol. That said, it does have to be balanced right. Some may go for heat ( I go for just enough to let you know its there) but I focus more on getting a nice roasted chile flavor that's not over the top.
We have a chipotle porter here locally that is very tasty. They usually only brew it a couple times a year so that makes it a little more special.
Yeah not really my thing but to each his own. I have been curious about experimenting with agave nectar at some point but that's about as southwest as I really want to go

Key is to fake most of the chipotle flavor. Otherwise it's too hot drink.

Amen to that. Most of the hot pepper beers I've had were way to much peppers and no beer taste. The best ever was a Jalapeño Kölsch from Ravenna Brewing in Seattle. Just enough Jalapeño to notice in a great representation of the style.

I have seen old film of the late, great, Johnny Bower stop pucks with his face, not sure what you would call that though. Speaking of Johnny, I had the good fortune to have met him a handful of times. He epitomized what a gentleman's gentleman should be.

I have seen old film of the late, great, Johnny Bower stop pucks with his face, not sure what you would call that though. Speaking of Johnny, I had the good fortune to have met him a handful of times. He epitomized what a gentleman's gentleman should be.
If we're discussing spectacular, unorthodox saves that discussion begins and ends with the GOAT
haske02.jpg

Funny, I know he won a couple of Cups, but I don't remember him wearing that jersey when he did...

Better than 19 nothing, and 20 eff all? Kidding man, good one!
They have won 4 in my lifetime, but I wasn't aware of hockey until after that...

Better than 19 nothing, and 20 eff all? Kidding man, good one!
They have won 4 in my lifetime, but I wasn't aware of hockey until after that...
FYI we were cheated in 1999. But yeah we were a budget team at the time, they never really surrounded Dom with a lot of high end talent. 2006 should have been our year but went into game 7 of the ECF with like one regular Dman still in the lineup. Still lead by a goal at the start of the 3rd...

FYI we were cheated in 1999. But yeah we were a budget team at the time, they never really surrounded Dom with a lot of high end talent. 2006 should have been our year but went into game 7 of the ECF with like one regular Dman still in the lineup. Still lead by a goal at the start of the 3rd...
Cheated out of evening the series at 3, yes. Ahhhh the Michael Peca era, he was a beauty!

Watching a vintage game on TV, Black Hawks and Penguins, Stanley Cup finals game 1992, your boyish in nets for Chicago...

Coaches are Mike Keenan, and Scotty Bowman!

Back