Beer style drop down menu doesn't work

Esvihus

Trial Member
Reaction score
When searching for beer recipes I like to filter by beer style. Sometimes I can access a sub-style drop down menu, for example -American Ale > American Brown Ale-. But often the second drop down menu never appears. Moreover, sometimes the first drop down menu won't drop down at all. This is quite annoying. I use Safari.

Do other people have this problem?

It is doing this on on my iPad (Safari). There's only one menu with all the styles in it, no sub-menu.

I see no sub-menu in either Safari, Firefox, Chrome or Opera. It doesn't look like a browser issue to me. The sub-menu has appeared for me in the past. Any idea's of what is wrong?

try clearing your cache, Ive tried this on 2 pc's both running the newest opera and explorer and both work as of today, I know that this website has a huge caching script that works very well so try ccleaner or anything, reboot then try again

I'll report this to Josh and see what he says.

Hi guys, full disclosure: I haven't worked with the code for this part of the site before. But I'll try to figure it out. When I search personally, I only see the primary Style dropdown. In looking quickly at the code, I don't see any obvious functionality to show another dropdown. Is any able to make it appear consistently? Could you share exactly the steps you take after clearing your cache to make it show up? Sorry I don't have a quick answer on this one :(

I never noticed a sub style drop box. If I pick a style and want to go into sub style I just sort by style and find the one I want that way.

what I get is a style menu then under that a sort menu, both work for me

Exactly - that's what I've always seen too. Please let me know if anyone's seeing anything different and I can investigate.

Thanks!

Back