Customizable Brew Steps

jjbuckler

Trial Member
Reaction score
Would love to be able to customize the Brew Steps to some capacity, such as adding extra steps(ex. Check PH @ 30 minutes), adding notes/reminders to the steps, or spots to fill in/write in things like OG, PH, etc. I know you can add notes to the actual Brew Log, but often, I print out the Brew Steps for brewing, and then add stuff into the log after.

Just some customizing/flexibility would be great.

Yes, that would be great. I would also remove a lot of steps that I (personally) don't need to be reminded of, like checking valves are closed and cleaning equipment. Actually, I usually just skip all the steps right up to the mash and ignore the steps after the boil is complete.

I kid you not I laughed when reading make sure your valve is closed until I forgot one day lol. now I love all the checks, helps when your tired and mindless lol

Haha. Yup. Had my mash pouring out on the pavement one day. But it would be nice to customize.

Agreed; it's amazing what I forget on brew day. I batch sparge and always forget to heat the second volume of sparge water. Anyhow, I have this tracked in our new feature tracking system, and will get to development on it as soon as possible.

Thanks!

Would also like the option of modifying the brew steps. Found myself modifying a brew kit with pre-hopped LME and hops additions. Pre-hopped LME does not need boiled.

While we're at it, it would also be nice to be able to save a few different sets of Brew Steps (possibly connected to Equipment Profiles).

Yes, I love this idea! Customizable brew steps! Saving different lists is a good idea too!

Ozarks Mountian Brew said:
I kid you not I laughed when reading make sure your valve is closed until I forgot one day lol. now I love all the checks, helps when your tired and mindless lol

I think this is a good request and should not be dismissed so lightly !
I think that the brewday should feature what individual brewers require and therefore editable, your looking for suggestions to improve...this is a good one.

Back