RECIPE NOT SCALING CORRECTLY

SeanKTM300

Trial Member
Reaction score
Tried to scale a 200 L recipe down to 120 L with the scaling calculator. Numbers came out waaaaay off.

Using FireFox and/or Safari on an iMAC. Any similar problems ?

I scaled one yesterday, 80lt down to 20lt so very easy to check the maths, and it came out right as expected.

Tried to scale a 200 L recipe down to 120 L with the scaling calculator. Numbers came out waaaaay off.

Using FireFox and/or Safari on an iMAC. Any similar problems ?

Can you give me a link to the recipe you're scaling? I need to check it out if you're having problems.

Can you give me a link to the recipe you're scaling? I need to check it out if you're having problems.
Thank you. Trying to scale the 200 L Danie Pale ale to 120 L Danie Pale ale. In my recipe selection. Have made both public so you can see them.

Thank you. Trying to scale the 200 L Danie Pale ale to 120 L Danie Pale ale. In my recipe selection. Have made both public so you can see them.

One of the issues I'm having with even starting to scale is that the boil hops don't have any time listed and my error says that you have to give a hop a name when you add it to the recipe:
upload_2020-4-11_9-54-7.png

It could be that this is NOT the issue, but I can't go any further with those errors.
upload_2020-4-11_9-55-26.png

Attachments

• upload_2020-4-11_9-52-48.png
    upload_2020-4-11_9-52-48.png
    102 KB · Views: 109
Right now I've tried everything.

As soon as I save and leave the page the recipe does it's own thing and when I open it again it's garbilled. I've got a printed out version to prove it. This is seriously wasting my time. In Safari it will not scale at all so I've had to specially now move to Firefox to do Brewers Friend.

Think it's Beersmith for me in the near future. I can't go in like this. You comment above refers "One of the issues I'm having with even starting to scale is that the boil hops don't have any time listed and my error says that you have to give a hop a name when you add it to the recipe" Well when i checked on my printed vesrion all the info was there, I saved and then when you opened it again it had changed.

Always been a supporter of BF but now not happy.

Right now I've tried everything.

As soon as I save and leave the page the recipe does it's own thing and when I open it again it's garbilled. I've got a printed out version to prove it. This is seriously wasting my time. In Safari it will not scale at all so I've had to specially now move to Firefox to do Brewers Friend.

Think it's Beersmith for me in the near future. I can't go in like this. You comment above refers "One of the issues I'm having with even starting to scale is that the boil hops don't have any time listed and my error says that you have to give a hop a name when you add it to the recipe" Well when i checked on my printed vesrion all the info was there, I saved and then when you opened it again it had changed.

Always been a supporter of BF but now not happy.

I agree that this is unacceptable. I've contacted the site owner about this, and let him know of your frustration. We need to fix this, and fix it now.

Deja vu all over again! :rolleyes:

Can you share the links here? I can't find the recipes using the search feature...

Just hoping it's not another round of bugs and dysfunctions in the calculator software.
But this thread is 4 months old. o_O

Your post above made me think there was a reoccurrence of an old problem.

Well shoot dang! So it is! I hadn't realized that... I suppose the brewer has either figured it out by now or moved on...

Just checked in and didn't check the date...never mind! :)
I'm sure everything is running smoothly, then. I hven't tried to use the recipe builder lately and I'm hoping that all the issues are behind us. :)

Not so fast. The software continues to fail to save and do other odd things. I'm using OS X Yosemite with Firefox 78.1.0 esr

Not so fast. The software continues to fail to save and do other odd things. I'm using OS X Yosemite with Firefox 78.1.0 esr

I can't recreate any issues- I use Chrome and Windows 10 and chrome and iOS 13.6 on iPad and iPhone.
Can you give us a screenshot of what is happening? It could be a mac issue that I can't recreate with my devices.

I use chrome on my MAC and don't have any issues.

- As for the hop error you've been getting, try clicking in the drop-down menu that says "boil" and just re-selecting "boil". Sounds dumb but it worked for me the other day...

Back