Electric All in ones

Over The Cliff Brewing

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
OK...You guys now have my interest increasing. Since I brew smaller batches on the stove.......I could potentially brew my normal 5 gal batches in the kitchen as well (story to tell the wife) Now, which ones are you guys using, why and what other equipment is needed with an all in one? I know some come with pumps and some don't but I want to get you experts out here to run it down for me. If I can avoid brewing in the garage during the New England winters I will be very happy!

There have been a lot of thread.topics on this on the BF forums lately I'm sure most info has been covered.

I make 2.5 gallon batches BIAB using the Gigawort from Northern Brewer. Works very well. Good price.

However, if I was buying now , I might opt for the Digiboil.

If I was buying I'd probably go Robobrew/Brewzilla but the options in Canada are kind of limited compared to the US.

I have the robobrew/brewzilla with the pump and love it! You just need a hoses mostly... One to connect the chiller to the sink and one to put to the drain.. Then your transfer hoses - from spigot or pump to the fermenter (it may come with this one- I forget). I really can't think of anything else I needed...

That constant recirculation during the mash really does lead to some clear beer!

Anvil makes an all in one now that you could look into.

I'm about half a dozen batches with a 35 litre Brewzilla. Very happy with it.

I've got a counterflow chiller and a few hoses from a previous system that I use. If I didn't have the previous system I'd want one extra hose with a camlock connector so that I can pump out of the kettle into the fermenter, but I wouldn't need it. The default hose and arm would work.

I went with the system with the least amount of bells and whistles, but with a pump and decent reviews. Didn't really see the value in the extra functionality from the Grainfather. There's a few more systems in the US that I don't have access to that sound like I may have considered them.

I'm with Mark. Least amount of bells & whistles. I use a 35 liter Digiboil. I already had a pump and all of the plumbing. Been using it for a couple of years now. First year was just the boiler with a cooler MLT and then got the mashing setup. Been playing around with different ways to use it and now doing recirculating mashes with good results.

I have the Grainfather and love it. It's high dollar and you can get the same results for several hundred less, but I really have no complaints. I usually like the bluetooth capabilities and love the counterflow chiller. I have 2 of them (Grainfathers) actually... If distilling interests you. Pick accordingly:cool:

Picked up a 35L Brewzilla today, and a hop basket, it will stay in the box until I get back from camping in a week. Might just try to get a brew day in on Sunday the 9th.
20200731_162735.jpg

Thanks folks! I will need to do some research and put one of this on my Christmas list. (I'm sure I'll end up buying it for myself)

Hey everyone. I went through and made a list of equipment profiles for the all in one systems I could find info on, but the information is pretty hard to find "official" numbers for. If anyone has any trustworthy settings for your all in one systems, feel free to post them!

Hey everyone. I went through and made a list of equipment profiles for the all in one systems I could find info on, but the information is pretty hard to find "official" numbers for. If anyone has any trustworthy settings for your all in one systems, feel free to post them!
i've found on both the RoboBrew and Mash&Boil 110v systems I get ~3 quarts per hour boil off.

The 110 Volt, 35 Liter Digiboil has 2 gallons of recoverable dead space. Grain absorption ~.96 fl. oz./oz. of grain. Boil off in my arid climate is .65 gal./hr and loss to kettle trub averages .5 gallons using hop containment.

The maximum boil off for water at sea level is 0.42 gal/kw-hr. So for a 1650W burner, the max boil off will be 0.69 gallons per hour if you have a well insulated vessel. @BOB357 with the Digiboil at 0.65 is pretty darn close. Note, though, that many 110V electrical systems are actually running a bit closer to 116-117 volts, so you have just a touch more power.

I use the 35l klarstein brauheld pro all in 1 system. I looked around for ages for a good all in 1 but the prices seemed very high in most cases, then i stumbled across this little gem on amazon and haven't looked back since. Integrated 2500w heating element, pump/recirculation system, temp probe and you can either keep it in manual mode or pre program all the steps of your brew and just let it do most of the work for you. I also use an immersion cooler and hop basket, then everything goes into the kegzilla under between 10-20 psi.

I have only researched the Brewzilla 35L as that is the one I purchased. Brewfather has a profile for it, and I am told that it is pretty accurate. I will go with it on my first brew, and let you know how that works out.
Screenshot_20200803-104403_Brewfather.jpg
Screenshot_20200803-104418_Brewfather.jpg
Screenshot_20200803-104430_Brewfather.jpg
Screenshot_20200803-104442_Brewfather.jpg

Above has a couple edits from theirs, I manually entered a 1.75 qt/lbs mash thickness, and I entered a 5.8 gallon batch size to compensate for hop absorption in the fermenter.

The maximum boil off for water at sea level is 0.42 gal/kw-hr. So for a 1650W burner, the max boil off will be 0.69 gallons per hour if you have a well insulated vessel. @BOB357 with the Digiboil at 0.65 is pretty darn close. Note, though, that many 110V electrical systems are actually running a bit closer to 116-117 volts, so you have just a touch more power.

I'm a tad above sea level at 3960 ft. High desert, so the humidity is generally low too. The boiloff I list is with 100% on time and a rating of 1500 watts total. I wouldn't put too much weight in the ratings without testing, as almost all of these units come from China. To put it nicely, for the most part, their QC is questionable.

Thanks everyone, any big differences from my notes I'll note and look around online some more.

@Craigerrr For the robobrew, that's a large mashtun deadspace!

Also, do the all in ones have grain absorption like a mashtun (0.125 gal/lb, 0.5 qt/lb, 1.04 L/kg), or more like BIAB (0.08 gal/lb, .32qt/lb, 0.667L/kg)? I've seen both on other online communities

Back