adding coffee to a coffee stout

Wow, you plan your brewing sched a year in advance? I usually decide what to brew, buy the materials & spin up a starter on the same day, followed by lighting the burner the next morning.
As I brew outdoors & the weather is fairly unpredictable, especially in the winter, I usually set up 1 to 3 days before & wait out unfavorable weather, 30 F is my lowest to date. Brewing in your ski clothes
I only brew this recipe once or twice a year, no idea when I will make this next, early spring just seems like when I may be thinking about it again. I I kegged part of this recent batch, and bottled the rest. The bottles are going to left until the Christmas season. In future, I don't think I will keg this one again. I love it, but prefer to have one here and there when I am in the mood for it.

I only brew this recipe once or twice a year, no idea when I will make this next, early spring just seems like when I may be thinking about it again. I I kegged part of this recent batch, and bottled the rest. The bottles are going to left until the Christmas season. In future, I don't think I will keg this one again. I love it, but prefer to have one here and there when I am in the mood for it.

Such a great point. It seems so hard to believe, but if there’s one Major drawback to giving up bottling it is that not all beers are best enjoyed from a keg. Some beers are “occasion” beers and just taste better when enjoyed in a particular moment.

My loose plan for the festivus season is to have the coffee porter, my cranberry chocolate Stout and my Christmas ale with ginger and cinnamon all in bottles, then have a couple or three different IPA's on tap.

Aw geeze, here I go again derailing a thread :oops:

I find actual coffee in beer tastes like green peppers. Coffee malts seem to do the job much better for me.
I have done a couple beers, adding strong brewed coffee and it turned out good. I did a batch with coffee malt and I did like it more and thats how I have done it since.

I have done a couple beers, adding strong brewed coffee and it turned out good. I did a batch with coffee malt and I did like it more and thats how I have done it since.
Agreed. I prefer the malts to actual coffee.

Spam, wonderful Spam
Screenshot_20210520-093827_Chrome.jpg

A big Fried Spam and Cheese sammie and a cold American AmberAle sounds pretty good to me.

Back