Estimated FG from Brew Session

Sunfire96

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Hello, I was wondering if there was a calculator to determine estimated FG from the actual OG and average attenuation from the yeast strain on the recipe page? Currently after brew day, I'm using the AG ABV calculator and entering my grain bill/efficiency and average attenuation manually, but I was curious if the brew session calculator could determine the information for me? (all of that info has been given to the recipe editor and brew logs) Thanks!

Hello, I was wondering if there was a calculator to determine estimated FG from the actual OG and average attenuation from the yeast strain on the recipe page? Currently after brew day, I'm using the AG ABV calculator and entering my grain bill/efficiency and average attenuation manually, but I was curious if the brew session calculator could determine the information for me? (all of that info has been given to the recipe editor and brew logs) Thanks!

In the recipe builder/editor, if you change the attenuation here to match the average attenuation of the yeast in the recipe (which is done automatically when changing yeasts), the FG will update accordingly based on the recipes estimated OG. If the brewday measurements in the brew session don't match the recipe, then this will not be as accurate. If you wanted to, you could make a snapshot, and adjust the efficiency until the OG in the recipe matches the actual measured OG.

upload_2020-8-1_8-53-30.png

In the brew session, if you include a fermentation complete log entry, and a brew day complete log entry, you'll get the measured abv and attenuation.

upload_2020-8-1_8-57-39.png

Attachments

• upload_2020-8-1_8-56-35.png
    upload_2020-8-1_8-56-35.png
    6.1 KB · Views: 119
If you're asking what the updated predicted FG would be based on a difference in OG, with the same attenuation, you would have to either update the original recipe, or using the standalone ABV calculator and manipulating the FG until the attenuation matches.

Back