What did you get delivered today

No excuses for me now.
I have two of those speidels, and have a barley crusher too. My pH meter doesn't work worth a shite, might have to spend some centablos on a premium unit...

I have two of those speidels, and have a barley crusher too. My pH meter doesn't work worth a shite, might have to spend some centablos on a premium unit...
The MW 102 from Milwaukee Instruments works well and costs in the neighborhood of $100 US.

I hope the one i bought holds up. Amazon.com
My god there are thousands of them on Amazon, mostly different colors.... mind you, trick is finding one not made in China:mad:
The MW 102 from Milwaukee Instruments works well and costs in the neighborhood of $100 US.
That is the one I think I may have settled, they are also not made in China, made in Romania.
I was on a chat with a Milwaukee rep in the US earlier, looks like a decent unit.
I gave up on my PH meter and just trust math now.
Haven't taken mine out for a year, mostly because it is a piece of "fill in the blank". If I had a good one, I think I would use it.

My RO system is in pieces in the basement. I'm hoping the Installation Fairy came overnight and put it in for me but am guessing I'll have to do it myself. One great thing about Covid is I've had extra cash and lots of Amazon points to buy things for the brewery but with the RO filter, it may well be done. BTW, I got the unit not because of the quality of our water, it's great, but to level out the variations in it.

These, along with some grains I was low on.
20200731_162735.jpg

That will have to wait Ben! We are leaving tomorrow morning for 7 days of camping. Might just plan a brew day the day after we get back. That would be a week Sunday.
I think you camp more than you stay at home. ;)

Have a blast. Don’t forget the beer. And more camping pix please!

I think you camp more than you stay at home. ;)

Have a blast. Don’t forget the beer. And more camping pix please!
This is actually just our second, and last camping trip of the year. We have one more booked in September but my wife is having surgery in a couple weeks, so we will be cancelling that one.

This is actually just our second, and last camping trip of the year. We have one more booked in September but my wife is having surgery in a couple weeks, so we will be cancelling that one.

Well, good luck and best wishes to your wife @Craigerrr!

Kegerator dehumidifier, I've never heard of such a thing!

No shiny stuff today, still adapting to and making errors with the RO system. Finally thinking about a stainless steel fermentor, since I'm spending nothing on commuting or eating at work. And getting ready to trade my upright freezer currently function as a fermentation chamber with SWAMBO for the chest freezer. Fridge becomes fermentation chamber, chest freezer is the nucleus of, wait for it, a Keezer!

No shiny stuff today, still adapting to and making errors with the RO system. Finally thinking about a stainless steel fermentor, since I'm spending nothing on commuting or eating at work. And getting ready to trade my upright freezer currently function as a fermentation chamber with SWAMBO for the chest freezer. Fridge becomes fermentation chamber, chest freezer is the nucleus of, wait for it, a Keezer!
Hot dam Noseybear moving your queen Early:rolleyes:...
From one brewer to another on the Keezer careful on the back ;). I lifted one full keg into my keezer and from then on its good old co2 doing the pushing now pushing the beer into keg and out into glass.;)
Lift empty keg in empty keg out I'm In this for the long haul...

That's one of my only real complaints with the keezer...in and out. It's not horrible, but for sure an inconvenience. I'm also looking for some dehumidifying options for my set up.

That's one of my only real complaints with the keezer...in and out. It's not horrible, but for sure an inconvenience. I'm also looking for some dehumidifying options for my set up.

Beginning to agree with you about hefting the kegs in and out. Still managing pretty well, but seriously considering the possibility of doing pressurized transfers in the near future.

I use the Classic Design Dry Z Air in my keezer and it does a great job. I empty out the water that collects in it every couple of months and refill the crystals every 6 or 8 months. It has a footprint just smaller than a cornie. I get the refills at our local Ace Hdwe., but they're available on Amazon as well.

http://drizair.com/products.html

Back