What are you drinking right now?

Drinking local tonight: Calcutta by Clipper pale ale by Moonlight Brewing Company. First time tasting Idaho 7 hops (that I know of)
20200722_184727.jpg

I don't know why I haven't brewed this more often. I'm not the biggest brown fan, but this beer is always great every time I've brewed it.
I’m about to taste my first brown attempt. It needs a week to carb and settle first.

TW, what temp did you mash that Janet’s at?

New (to me) one from Jack's Abbey... Funny to find this not long after Sam's Brick Red... Very different beers though. Sam's has that English Ale yeast taste while JA is clean lager style... While JA says it is a "malty" style, I taste a firm bitterness to it. Both beers are fantastic! Though the Brick Red would be every now and then while the Jack's Abbey could be a couple in a row...
20200727_115130_HDR.jpg
20200727_115139_HDR.jpg

Oh boy oh Boys and Girls im a happy brewer ive struck one! Yep ive struck a bloody beauty that is a beauty HB this Bonkers stout oh it is just gorgeous One OF the BEST beers I've BREWED! Without a doubt it's scrumptious.
@Mark Farrall will know this it's not ANZAC biscuit but WHITTIKAS coconut Slab chocolate bar from NZ.
Flavour goes cocholate coconut roast sweet creamy velvety caramel vanilla goodness I kid you not. I'm having a hombrewers OMG this is bloody Amaze balls moment. Anyhow
20200728_180213.jpg

Last edited:
Oh boy oh Boys and Girls im a happy brewer ive struck one! Yep ive struck a bloody beauty that is a beauty HB this Bonkers stout oh it is just gorgeous One OF the BEST beers I've BREWED! Without a doubt it's scrumptious.
@Mark Farrall will know this it's not ANZAC biscuit but WHITTIKAS coconut Slab chocolate bar from NZ.
Flavour goes cocholate coconut roast sweet creamy velvety caramel vanilla goodness I kid you not. I'm having a hombrewers OMG this is bloody Amaze balls moment. Anyhow View attachment 11075

Sounds like you hit the jackpot. Always nice when that happens. Good on ya!

Flavour goes cocholate coconut roast sweet creamy velvety caramel vanilla goodness I kid you not. I'm having a hombrewers OMG this is bloody Amaze balls moment. Anyhow View attachment 11075
Must be time to branch out. Had a bunch of the peanut slabs, but not a coconut one yet. Next time I'm in the supermarket...

Back