Partly Cloudy NEPIA-ISH IPA

So it all went well, as far as I can tell.
My Tilt is not working, needs a battery I think, I hope....man how did I ever brew without that thing?
Activity in the airlock yesterday evening, i am supposed to add the first dry hop "2 days" after pitching, so I guess sometime after 3pm today.....this is all uncharted territory for me...I very rarely dry hop at all, let alone this much during active fermentation.

will try to get the Tilt working so I can add it with the hops today

T

Awesome, I brewed a similar beer today.
Let us know things go.
To me a tilt is just another thing to have to cleano_O

This came out to be one of my better beers, the fermentation was a bit wonkey, my tilt was all over the place, and I with all the dry hops just seemed off, also I think it finished up faster than I thought it would.

My only observation, is that I think it needed more oats....feels thin....or maybe move to a Munich or something as a base?
it does however taste like a "light" grapefruit juice...and the wife approves!!!

Tim

This came out to be one of my better beers, the fermentation was a bit wonkey, my tilt was all over the place, and I with all the dry hops just seemed off, also I think it finished up faster than I thought it would.

My only observation, is that I think it needed more oats....feels thin....or maybe move to a Munich or something as a base?
it does however taste like a "light" grapefruit juice...and the wife approves!!!

Tim
If the wife is happy, we all happy!

Tim
Fully carbed?
I find if it ain't fully carbed can make it feel watery.
Yep more wheat/oats unmalted barley carapils and mashing higher should help next time.

12171FC7-06B1-4DEE-8AAA-0D4B095C7D67.jpeg

Back