Candy Orange IPA

Steve SPF

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
I did this Clawhammer recipe a while back and it turned out great:

It's a bit of a faff doing the orange peel but I don't mind that. I'm not much of an orange eater though so the oranges themselves went in the bin. Being the guy who really doesn't like waste this just goes right against the grain and, as much as I like the beer, I won't brew it again and throw all that fruit away so...

The question is, what can I do with 6-8kg of oranges without skins on? I'm using fruit in cider and that's coming out amazing but I can't honestly say I've ever seen an orange cider and I assume there's a reason for that.

Any thoughts? Is orange cider a thing? Is there anything else I might do with skinless oranges?

Thanks for help, as ever.

I’ve made great salad dressing for a roasted beet salad from orange juice and the right vinegar. You can toss some orange slices right in the salad. Yum.

That’s not going to get you all the way there though.

Maybe a couple of fresh-squeezed Screwdrivers while you brew? :D

I did this Clawhammer recipe a while back and it turned out great:

It's a bit of a faff doing the orange peel but I don't mind that. I'm not much of an orange eater though so the oranges themselves went in the bin. Being the guy who really doesn't like waste this just goes right against the grain and, as much as I like the beer, I won't brew it again and throw all that fruit away so...

The question is, what can I do with 6-8kg of oranges without skins on? I'm using fruit in cider and that's coming out amazing but I can't honestly say I've ever seen an orange cider and I assume there's a reason for that.

Any thoughts? Is orange cider a thing? Is there anything else I might do with skinless oranges?

Thanks for help, as ever.
Juice them and drink up and stop taking vitamine C tabs (joking) :)

I was asking why orange wine (not the new way to name white wine) isn't a thing the other week. but didn't remember to do a search when I got back home. Seems it is and there's a few recipes on the web. This is the first hit I got - https://www.wikihow.com/Make-Orange-Wine

You could also use it in some mulled wine. One of the local pubs has a digiboil on the counter with mulled wine. Very nice option on a cold night.

I was asking why orange wine (not the new way to name white wine) isn't a thing the other week. but didn't remember to do a search when I got back home. Seems it is and there's a few recipes on the web. This is the first hit I got - https://www.wikihow.com/Make-Orange-Wine

You could also use it in some mulled wine. One of the local pubs has a digiboil on the counter with mulled wine. Very nice option on a cold night.

Mulled wine interests me. It looks like a very long process though, those wine brewing folk must be very patient :)

Back