pH, salts, and volumes change in brewing water calculator

I have a 10 gallon mash ton, it's an igloo cooler (40qt in equipment profile). If I'm trying to put 12 gallons in there is that an issue with the calculator? I would figure that since your lautering at the same time you're sparging you're really not going to have any more than what's in the original mash. But is that a problem for the calculator?

If you're mashing with a volume of 12 gallons, and you don't get a warning, yes, that'd be a big issue. But if you're fly sparging (continuous sparging), since the volume doesn't exceed the mash or mashout volume, it wouldn't be an issue.

As an experiment I edited the yooper copy recipe mash guidelines and upped the volumes. Then I opened the water calculator by clicking on edit in the water calc section and the water volumes did not change. I then logged out, waited a few minutes and tried again. The water volumes remain what you entered.

An update for this has gone live. Please let us know if you're still experiecing issues @nunuene

The water volumes continue to change in the water calculator. That makes the Overall Water Report (mg/L) in the recipe way off from the water profile created with the correct volumes.
I've tried it in an old recipe and a new recipe (worthogs pale ale) and the liquor volume keeps changing from ~12.2 gallons to somewhere in the 9.xx gallon range. I have been writing down the values in the calculator before I save it so I have the correct ones, I hope, for my records.

I don't know what PR is yet alone PR #1630. Can you put in a link?

I don't know what PR is yet alone PR #1630. Can you put in a link?
Sorry that was just for Yoopers note if she needs to review the internal update comments, it's part of our internal development process. I haven't really caught up with the water calculator, so Yooper has been handling any water calculator/chemistry issues until I have time to catch up and dig into it.

Sorry that was just for Yoopers note if she needs to review the internal update comments, it's part of our internal development process. I haven't really caught up with the water calculator, so Yooper has been handling any water calculator/chemistry issues until I have time to catch up and dig into it.

Looking at it today!

The water volumes continue to change in the water calculator. That makes the Overall Water Report (mg/L) in the recipe way off from the water profile created with the correct volumes.
I've tried it in an old recipe and a new recipe (worthogs pale ale) and the liquor volume keeps changing from ~12.2 gallons to somewhere in the 9.xx gallon range. I have been writing down the values in the calculator before I save it so I have the correct ones, I hope, for my records.

I want to dig into this in your account, because this is nice and specific. I'll copy the recipes (so they can be deleted later), etc, so if you notice that, it's just me trying to recreate this and to fix it, ok?

I have no problem with that. In fact, I encourage it.

I have no problem with that. In fact, I encourage it.

You'll see my copy in there, and I have the info. This fix is on beta (pulling from the quick water requirements instead of your mash guidelines), so hopefully it'll be released soon. Not sure what the holdup is on it, but I"m checking with @Pricelessbrewing for the status.

Okay this has been released for real this time! Sorry for the confusion previously, please let us know if you're still experiencing any issues.

@nununene @Yooper

So far so good. I just used the edit link in the recipe and it had the correct volumes. I'll let you know if it breaks. Thanks for your help
Thanks for your patience.

Back