Incorrect Lovibond for some Gladfield malts

Brewer #206867

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I've just noticed some discrepancies between Gladfield's published colour for Dark Chocolate and Roast Barley.

Gladfield's website has Dark Chocolate at 1300EBC = 488L, but the recipe editor says 600L
Gladfield's website has Roasted Barley at 1350EBC = 507L, but the recipe editor says 736L

Is there a way to rectify this?

Thanks

Great - thank you! .Might be worth checking the other varieties too. I noticed the Light Chocolate was out too.

Those were all entered by EBC, and converted. I think it came directly from Gladfield (but can't remember exactly). I can change that one too.

can i piggy back? BSG lists Crisp Chocolate at ~450L, recipe editor used to be at 600 something rather, now lsited at 380.

There's still something funny going on.

I get wild variations in ph and in colour depending on whether I select 'New Zealand - Roast Barley' or 'Gladfield - Roast Barley'. Same for 'New Zealand - Light Chocolate' compared with 'Gladfield - Light Chocolate'. They're the same product??

There's still something funny going on.

I get wild variations in ph and in colour depending on whether I select 'New Zealand - Roast Barley' or 'Gladfield - Roast Barley'. Same for 'New Zealand - Light Chocolate' compared with 'Gladfield - Light Chocolate'. They're the same product??

I will look at that. Is that happening in the recipe builder, or in the water calculator? If you have a screenshot that would be very helpful.

@Yooper it looks like gladfield light chocolate is classified as a base malt instead of a roasted malt.

Weirdly, many of the Gladfield malts were added as base malts. @Pricelessbrewing I wonder if it came via a download as there is not any indication that one of us entered it.
I fixed them, so please let me know if there are any further questions or problems.

Back