Automatic addition of cost in recipes

Honey Brew

Trial Member
Reaction score
Okay so I have added materials/price into my "inventory", and yet when I select them within recipes - the cost does not automatically synch. I have to manually hit the "$" sign and type in what I paid per unit.

Am I missing something? Is this a bug? Or is it a missing feature?

I would like to be able to input what I pay for each material used, and have it automatically sync in my recipes - WITHOUT having it come off of my inventory - as I honestly don't need the inventory to keep track of my grains.

IF this is something that is not already within the system, I would like to suggest there be a very simple and straightforward page within my profile that I can select grains, add the cost of them, and not worry about it again until the prices change of my grains/etc.

Thank you.

It's in the recipe builder automatically. Like this:
upload_2020-6-16_8-6-21.png

upload_2020-6-16_8-7-44.png

If you put your mouse over the $ signs, you can see the individual coast, with the total down at the bottom. (This recipe only had one hop addition, so shows the $1.22/oz as the entire hops cost for that recipe).

It automatically totals- I didn't add it in this recipe.

Thank you Yooper. Yes I know how the total cost compiles at the top, but it is with the indiviual grains/hops/etc cost that I am manually having to input.

For instance - I put 10lbs Can. 2 Row into my recipe...and the cost does not instantly attribute itself to the 10lbs of 2row. I have to manually input the cost per pound of that specific grain. Of course it THEN adds that equation to the total cost of my grain bill.

It is the individual costs of grains/hops/etc. that I cannot figure out how to input so that it will automatically include cost every time I type in a recipe.

I appreciate your time to reply Yooper, thank you

Thank you Yooper. Yes I know how the total cost compiles at the top, but it is with the indiviual grains/hops/etc cost that I am manually having to input.

For instance - I put 10lbs Can. 2 Row into my recipe...and the cost does not instantly attribute itself to the 10lbs of 2row. I have to manually input the cost per pound of that specific grain. Of course it THEN adds that equation to the total cost of my grain bill.

It is the individual costs of grains/hops/etc. that I cannot figure out how to input so that it will automatically include cost every time I type in a recipe.

I appreciate your time to reply Yooper, thank you

When you build your recipe, all of the grains you have in inventory are at the top of the dropdown. Are you pulling the item from inventory, where you have a price attached?

Back