Bread Thread!

20200616_174105.jpg

15% rye in this one and I acidentily got a bit heavy handed on adding water on this one think it was near 100% hydration.
This had the biggest hole in it when I cut it open under the ridge line at the top you can put most your hand in it.

Tasty bread though the raw mix tasted sweet no sugar added though must be a conversion type thing going on in the dough maybe...

View attachment 10461
15% rye in this one and I acidentily got a bit heavy handed on adding water on this one think it was near 100% hydration.
This had the biggest hole in it when I cut it open under the ridge line at the top you can put most your hand in it.

Tasty bread though the raw mix tasted sweet no sugar added though must be a conversion type thing going on in the dough maybe...
That looks a little bit burnt, Ben. Am I seeing that right?

That looks a little bit burnt, Ben. Am I seeing that right?
Yeah your eyes be telling you the truth. I've been running the oven 250c 40mins but that was with the bread tin in and also bottom tray out.
But this bread was in the iron skillet no bottom tray in and 25min covered 25ish uncovered bloody timer didn't set for secon half.

So a comedy of errors but it's not as bad as it looks I've been pushing for that extra crust I enjoy the flavour it brings just went a tad to far this one.
Like brewing next time round eh;).

Yeah your eyes be telling you the truth. I've been running the oven 250c 40mins but that was with the bread tin in and also bottom tray out.
But this bread was in the iron skillet no bottom tray in and 25min covered 25ish uncovered bloody timer didn't set for secon half.

So a comedy of errors but it's not as bad as it looks I've been pushing for that extra crust I enjoy the flavour it brings just went a tad to far this one.
Like brewing next time round eh;).
I like pushing the breads to the limit also. I need that hard, crunchy, dark crust.

The calzones have sausage, pepperoni, ricotta, mozzarella, green olives, and sauce I made. I prefer mine with spinach, and tomatoes, mushrooms and onions...more on the veggie side, but I was out voted here.

Now that's a nice looking crust.

And, you just reminded me that I need to take my starter out of the fridge and feed it.

Good loaf barefoot Ben. Like Bob, I have awakened my starter for a weekend bake.
Call me week but I'm in shoes today :rolleyes: and the ends are wet with brew liquor ah dam it serves me right ha ha!
Every time I tip a bucket or keg out you get splash back dam it:mad:.
Actually cleaned my beer lines recieving keg recieving fermentor and keezer cabinet sooo guess plenty of cleaning and rinsing liquid has been bandied about in my patio brewery today whirlpool is nearly done fewie.
20200620_133058.jpg

Oh on a bread note I'm keeping some spent grains for a sourdough bake for sure
20200620_133549.jpg

Back