Smoking, grilling and curing foods, etc.

A nice ribeye steak is up there on my list too Craigerrr, but IMO, prime rib is a waste of what could be a bunch of mouthwatering ribeye steaks.

I will take tri-tip all day long, any day of the week. Well, except for meatless Monday, when I shun all forms of meat, be they eggs, fish, beef, pork or fowl. I will still put butter on my toast on a Monday.

Alright 2nd crack at pork ribs.
Rubbed ut with some of your combo @BOB357
Mustard powder garlic powder smoked paprika Cajun brown sugar salt and fresh rosemary from garden oil and added a dash of sweet baby rays and worked it all into the meat.
20200607_143254.jpg

Call me stupid but I've bathed it in a scooner of my fruity hoppy blond it's a tad acidic so rekon it'll do well stew in with the ribs.
20200607_143309.jpg

I've decided to go low and slow and wrap it up with alfoil to keep in the juices.
I've also layed a layer of alfoil on the grill then put trivot on that then the roasting pan.

Wife doesn't want to share in my madness win win I say so I'll put these on with an hour to go.
20200607_143323.jpg

Will see how it all fares;)

Make me feel guilty, I was to lazy to grill the burgers for dinner tonight. Nice lookin spread!

You guys are making me hungry. Been doing high protein the last few days without any starches. Going to fire up the Traeger today and cook a ham with a blend of Hickory, Mesquite & Pecan pellets. Some slaw and sweet corn will fill in for the missing starches.

Didn't take a picture, but I did a flat chicken on the BBQ yesterday, it came pre-packaged, so no real skill involved.
It was pretty good, seasoning was a little salty as you would expect from prepackaged meat.
I liked the way that it was de-boned, except for the legs and wings. Super easy to carve, and cooked up pretty quick too.

You guys are making me hungry. Been doing high protein the last few days without any starches. Going to fire up the Traeger today and cook a ham with a blend of Hickory, Mesquite & Pecan pellets. Some slaw and sweet corn will fill in for the missing starches.
And if the ham is a bone in shank end you have the makings for ham and beans. One of my favorites. :)

Back