adding additional data into brew session fermentation

pivodog

Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I have a tilt but would like to add the refrigerator temperature using a 3rd party device via the cloud to the fermentation graph. Do you have any hooks that can be used to provide additional data to the graph?

Last edited:
Let me run that by people smarter than me, ok? I barely understand my own Tilt and the way it works, and definitely not 3rd party stuff I'm afraid. I'll get back to you ASAP with an answer.

I have a tilt but would like to add the refrigerator temperature using a 3rd party device via the cloud to the fermentation graph. Do you have any hooks that can be used to provide additional data to the graph?

Currently no there is not support for adding additional data to the fermentation graph. There are plans for adding other data points. What 3rd party device are you using?

Currently no there is not support for adding additional data to the fermentation graph. There are plans for adding other data points. What 3rd party device are you using?
It will be home grown most likely something like an audrino or particle board.

It would be nice to add additional tags to the graph along with the data. My intent is to monitor by fermentation fridge's temperature and plotting along with the beer temp which is provided by the tilt. It usually takes some tweaking to get the fridge in sync with the wort temp. My goal is to eventually automate the fridge temp via a controller.

Wifi option is cool!
It only happened once, but I was away when I wanted to cold crash a brew. I had my son reset to 0C for me.
Remote temp adjustments would be very cool!

To the OP, +1 on the inkbird, works like a charm, and super easy to set up.

I ended up purchasing 2 inkbird wifi units that where on sale for 39.00 on ebay. They work well but it still would be nice to be able to add the data to the fermentation graphs.

I've reached out to Inkbird on this but currently they don't have a way for exporting or post data directly from the device.

Yeah, I'm not surprised. I might need to do some hacking on them to see what they do. ;)

I’ll second this request. I like to keep an eye on the external (ambient) temperature when I brew. I control fermentation temperature using an Inkbird (no WiFi), but want to know if I need to put more ice in the cooling bath. I built a Raspberry Pi device to monitor the temperature and stream it to BF. I just can’t display the data.

Back