What are you drinking right now?

APA - Amarillo gets to be the star. Very enjoyable.

My son turned 21 today and with restrictions and lockdowns still in place -meaning the bars around here are still closed- he has had a very unique “legal drinking age” birthday. The artwork (borrowed from an artist friend) in the background is there to help fill up our basement bar/poolroom and give the impression of a night out. I tended bar, carded him, got his drink, but didn’t get a tip. :(

513BC5E0-019A-4CA0-8B78-8977FB0EF6D7.jpeg

My son turned 21 today and with restrictions and lockdowns still in place -meaning the bars around here are still closed- he has had a very unique “legal drinking age” birthday. The artwork (borrowed from an artist friend) in the background is there to help fill up our basement bar/poolroom and give the impression of a night out. I tended bar, carded him, got his drink, but didn’t get a tip. :(

View attachment 10209
Cool set-up! Sounds like a great time all things considered.

Hoppy err murky blond :rolleyes: still tastes good...View attachment 10154
You know I was talking to an retired brewer who used to work for commercial over here in Aus "tooheys" also in Papua New guinea brewing and last in Eumundi sunshine coast where I'm at.

Anyhow thought I'd show him some of my brews and was proud when he exclaimed yeah but gee its hazy on the above brew ha!

I replied oh some brews these days it's a style marker lol
I love that glass! A cloudy (hazy) beer belongs in it ;) Perfect!

View attachment 10209
Way to go! A good idea for sure! - He certainly should have tipped you! :)

Heck yes! Looks and sounds perfect! I love poundable brews! You've even got the perfect glass to help it slide right down.
Indeed! Goes down easy. I actually have so much dark beer on tap right now and this is the only light one... Thinking I might make a Kolsch next just so I have another easy drinker!

Valka and Hawkbox might get the reference in the name of this beer.
View attachment 10176
Okay, I want to explain the name of this beer, I was hoping Hawk, or Valka might chyme in to have some fun with it.

On Tuesday April 7th, During an address to the nation Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau fumbled with his words (keep in mind he is French Canadian). He cringed as soon as the words came out of his month. There have been endless memes, and videos poking fun at this.
Trudeau's words from that day:
“[A mask] protects others more than it protects you,” Trudeau said, before slowing down to search for the right words. “It prevents you from breathing or speaking moistly on them,” Trudeau said, then instantly regretted. “What a terrible image,” he immediately muttered after the misstep, shaking his head before plunging forward. “But it actually is something that people can do in certain situations.”

speaking moistly.jpg

As a man who once told his coworkers in German after a long and boring company meeting he'd let himself be euthanized for 20 marks (the word for "euthanize" is "to be put to sleep"), I can understand Mr. Trudeau's mistake

Gore blimey Bob I think id rather drink a Stien of A Dumper brew that that:eek:! My last clone was about 4-5 years back brewing a Fat yak clone @Mark Farrall will know what I'm talking about. Since then I'm happy taking Style "markers" and getting crafty with it.

Much like this all pilsner double decoction brew I know no pub in Aus is selling this in the bar! Oh wait no pub in Aus is selling beer:oops:

Ah looks like brewersfriend doesn't want to load my photo dam it
20200529_182914.jpg

There we go musta been an inbuilt drunken idiot protection software incorporated into then last BF update lol.

Last edited:
Great Pale Ale, but the only clone I ever tried brewing sucked like a 50 caliber chest wound. Really need to try it again.
I've never had success replicating it either. Such a good beer!

I've had success replicating Sierra Nevada but haven't tried Dale's...

Okay, I want to explain the name of this beer, I was hoping Hawk, or Valka might chyme in to have some fun with it.

On Tuesday April 7th, During an address to the nation Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau fumbled with his words (keep in mind he is French Canadian). He cringed as soon as the words came out of his month. There have been endless memes, and videos poking fun at this.
Trudeau's words from that day:
“[A mask] protects others more than it protects you,” Trudeau said, before slowing down to search for the right words. “It prevents you from breathing or speaking moistly on them,” Trudeau said, then instantly regretted. “What a terrible image,” he immediately muttered after the misstep, shaking his head before plunging forward. “But it actually is something that people can do in certain situations.”

View attachment 10230
I just got to this thread today, but yes that was so funny, he took it in stride and made a pretty good exit from it. Love it that he pretty much called himself and idiot.

Picked up another version of Colorado Strong pale ale today. I'm really hoping that maybe this was the bottom of the barrel that made it into the can. It's a murky mess and doesn't taste much better. I guess have 5 more cans out of the 6'er to find out. I guess the cause here may be better than the beer. Everything with this beer from ingredients to label were all donated to local breweries and local ingredients.
IMG_20200529_164327.jpg

I'm a bit disappointed because this is from a brewery that usually makes some really great beers.

Back