Required equipment for setting up a keg system with commersial kegs (S/D/G systems)

Artstyle

Trial Member
Reaction score
Hello!

Me and a friend is considering serving bought kegs to spare our homebrews abit more on big parties.

We would then buy 30 litre kegs with S or G connection. My questions is, what items would we need to setup and serve from a single keg for starters? I have my own kegs at home 18litres with a different connection.

What i think is the following:

1. Keg
2. Connection from Keg (in our case G or S)
3. Co2 bottle.
4. Tube between Co2 and Connection
5. Tap to serve from.
6. Tube between the Keg connection and serving tap

Do i need a regulator when the beer is already pressurized and we are just using it to push it out?

Have not used commersial connections before, but both Co2 and beer tube can be connected directy into the G/S connection in the keg?

Is there something more we would need to buy to be able to serve our beer?

Best regards!

Yes, you will need a regulator. The CO2 will be at 600 or 700 psig. Serving pressure needs to be down around 10-15 psig depending on line size, length, etc. Kegs will have a relief set at 100 psig or so depending on the specifics of the keg.

If you don't already have kegs, look at a kegerator from Costco or something to get everything in one go.

You will basically need everything you have for your homebrew kegs, only you'll need the right keg connection. Everything else is the same. You can use the same co2 tank and possibly the same regulator depending on how you have yours set up now. I have 4 taps with 3 homebrew kegs and one commercial keg all off the same tank and regulator. It's all dependent on how you carb, pressures you want to serve, etc.

I just have a couple adapters that take a Sanke tap and go right into my regular gear. I can't tell if they are already kegging or not so figured start at the most obvious solution.

Back