Help, what are these white dots?

BattleBuddy

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi
This is my first time doing AG brewing, in the past have only done kits.

Brewing an American IPA and is 48 hours since it went in the fermentation buckets. It is bubbling away nicely at around 22c but this morning I noticed these white dots on the inside of the fermenter.

Not seen them before when doing kits, any ideas what they might be?

thanks

Attachments

• AAF77767-18B5-4329-8B38-BF3FB80F8EA5.jpeg
    AAF77767-18B5-4329-8B38-BF3FB80F8EA5.jpeg
    155.6 KB · Views: 115
Sort of looks like yeast to me. Clung to the sides versus dropping out to the bottom. - I wouldn't worry too much about it... Keep an eye on it and see if it eventually drops. - If it is mold it will grow and continue to spread but I doubt it's mold.

What strain of yeast did you use? Was it different than yeast you used in the past?

Sort of looks like yeast to me. Clung to the sides versus dropping out to the bottom. - I wouldn't worry too much about it... Keep an eye on it and see if it eventually drops. - If it is mold it will grow and continue to spread but I doubt it's mold.

What strain of yeast did you use? Was it different than yeast you used in the past?
Thanks, I was hoping it might be something like that. I used Safale US-05, when doing kits I have no idea what it is as it just comes in the box.
Will keep an eye. cheers

Trapped Co2? What happens when you tap the sides of the fermenter? Do they move?

Or give the fermenter a gentle swirl and see if they stay.

Back