Brewer’s Waste

What a great idea. I took my crystal #40 from today's brew and added some peanut butter and a bit of flower to get some consistency and threw it in the frig. I bake it later tonight and try to let you know how the dog test goes. The suggestions about feeding to deer works, too. We have a camp and corn is not getting any cheaper.
The dog likes the grain dog biscuits. Baked at 200 F for 2 hours and 180 F for 6 hours to dry and make firm.

Our Colorado jackalope larvae (the scrawny, mangy looking prairie rabbits) love the stuff, too. So I work it in quickly. There's a large patch of fairly pristine prairie just east of our house - the jackalope larvae belong there.

AH! So that's how they start out! I always wondered about that.....so is it as they go further west they develop the antlers? Enquiring minds want to know!

Oh yeah.....bread, waffles, pancakes, flour, compost...and sh!tty pretzels.... I need to find a chicken owner who will barter!

Yep dog treats, I make bread once in a while. Have made chocolate chip cookies mostly. Neighbours are getting chickens soon so I won’t have any wares at all then.

Sorry folks, mine goes in the trash. I'm not making dog biscuits or luring more beasts to my house, so I toss it.
That's cool, too. But it is nice to walk out side and all the critters are at peace with you as you sip a beer, harvest the land, and share back to where you came from and will go back to.

That's cool, too. But it is nice to walk out side and all the critters are at peace with you as you sip a beer, harvest the land, and share back to where you came from and will go back to.
I already have the occasional bear, deer, skunk, rabbits(live under my shed), and other various critters frolic in my yard. I don't want them to move in. Even with a homebrew in both hands.;)

On occasion my spent grains go to a friend who has animals. However, I do not compost yet, so the spent grains go in the garbage if the fiend cant come pick them up.

I user to give it the neighbor for his chickens but they are gone now so I compost it in our composer or throw it away when the composer is full. Maybe when it gets cold again I'll try the dog biscuits. It is already hot here so the oven being on for 8 hours is not ideal.

Back