What did you get delivered today

So this came today......:) have a Inkbird ITC-310T-B Digital Temp Controller arriving tomorrow and will be using a spare fridge for a fermenting box. Hope to be starting a Block Party Amber Ale this weekend!!!! ;)

Gonna get my first batch going tomorrow or later today.... I put my yeast packs in fridge right away to preserve them, but do they need to be room temp to use them??? Just wondering if makes a difference so I can plan ahead and take out of fridge....

Ha, I was thinking the same thing.... want to try a stout or porter. I have a 5 gal SS pot that came with kit and using an old gas burner from a turkey fryer!! ;)
Sweet! I hope you are brewing as I type this! Or at least tonight!

Gonna get my first batch going tomorrow or later today.... I put my yeast packs in fridge right away to preserve them, but do they need to be room temp to use them??? Just wondering if makes a difference so I can plan ahead and take out of fridge....
Definitely take yeast out of fridge on brew day and allow it to come to room temperature.

Ha, I was thinking the same thing.... want to try a stout or porter. I have a 5 gal SS pot that came with kit and using an old gas burner from a turkey fryer!! ;)
Pretty much how I got started!

A4586537-FCC8-40F1-87C4-532DF4A5B633.jpeg
Delivered and installed.

View attachment 10020 Delivered and installed.
Honey bees eh?
This is one of my Australian Native bee hives.
They don't sting about the size of a fly and great little pollinators and best off all need absolutely no up keep.
Just Make them a well sealed home and your set.
20200510_135824.jpg

Honey bees eh?
This is one of my Australian Native bee hives.
They don't sting about the size of a fly and great little pollinators and best off all need absolutely no up keep.
Just Make them a well sealed home and your set.View attachment 10023
That’s awesome Ben. Be careful doing that with no shoes on.

That’s awesome Ben. Be careful doing that with no shoes on.
Ha :)I've had these for a few years now this was the first split off my first hive given to me.
This is pretty much full capacity.

Definitely take yeast out of fridge on brew day and allow it to come to room temperature.
Thanks.... I took out of fridge as I began setting up my area, so by the time of pitching it was over an hour and half should have been at room temp i'm sure

Thanks.... I took out of fridge as I began setting up my area, so by the time of pitching it was over an hour and half should have been at room temp i'm sure
Two thumbs up

So Sunday I got my first Block Party Amber Ale done!!! It's in the fermenting chamber and the recipe called for a OG of 1.043 and I think that it's pretty dang close..... Also came out pretty clear already. :D My concern is that everything I've read and watched online told me that after about 12/24 hrs there should be lots of bubbling going on, however it's just barely doing anything. If I gently push on lid I get some bubbles. What are some of your thoughts???o_O My fridge is keeping a constant a

Attachments

• Fermenter.jpg
    Fermenter.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 79
  • OG.jpg
    OG.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 94
So Sunday I got my first Block Party Amber Ale done!!! It's in the fermenting chamber and the recipe called for a OG of 1.043 and I think that it's pretty dang close..... Also came out pretty clear already. :D My concern is that everything I've read and watched online told me that after about 12/24 hrs there should be lots of bubbling going on, however it's just barely doing anything. If I gently push on lid I get some bubbles. What are some of your thoughts???o_O My fridge is keeping a constant a
Let it ride! With a pretty clear bucket like that you should see a krausen forming on top soon and the dark colored beer will lighten up as yeast multiply and get rolling. If you didn't oxygenate the wort prior to pitching the yeast then it might just be a delayed/slow start as they settle in. Nothing to worry about yet.

Let it ride! With a pretty clear bucket like that you should see a krausen forming on top soon and the dark colored beer will lighten up as yeast multiply and get rolling. If you didn't oxygenate the wort prior to pitching the yeast then it might just be a delayed/slow start as they settle in. Nothing to worry about yet.

Thanks.... I did oxygenate, but maybe not enough, I guess we'll see!!

Yes just leave it like BM said, it will kick in soon, what yeast did you use?

Yes just leave it like BM said, it will kick in soon, what yeast did you use?
That was also going to be my question, with that low of an OG, oxygenation shouldn't even be necessary for most dried yeast. With Fermentis products in particular, there is no need to oxygenate with OG of 1.060 or less.
I have had many very clean fermentations with Fermentis US-05 on wort with 1.062 without oxygenation.
Ignore it for at least a week to 10 days, then check your gravity.

That was also going to be my question, with that low of an OG, oxygenation shouldn't even be necessary for most dried yeast. With Fermentis products in particular, there is no need to oxygenate with OG of 1.060 or less.
I have had many very clean fermentations with Fermentis US-05 on wort with 1.062 without oxygenation.
Ignore it for at least a week to 10 days, then check your gravity.

Yeast came with kit.... not sure of brand. But I have spoke with a brewing friend and he mentioned being a dry yeast it may take up to 72 hrs to get active. Since last post I am see some nice bubbling and that was just past the 72 hr mark. Thanks for assistance!!

Back